Re: connection string differences 2005 to 2000?

Raman Iyer [MS]

Nov 22, 2005, 3:01:53 PM11/22/05
AS2005 connection strings are fully compatible with AS2000 - however, there
are some properties whose values will be ignored since they no longer make
sense for AS2005 (which doesn't have a thick client architecture like AS2000
PivotTableServices).
There are several new properties for AS2005 (see Books Online for details):
SQLQueryMode
Protocol Format
Transport Compression
Compression Level
Character Encoding
Encryption Password
Real Time Olap
ConnectTo (allows to to specify whether you're connecting to an 8.0 or 9.0
server so the provider does not attempt connecting to both versions)
EffectiveUserName
MDX Missing Member Mode

Also, all XMLA properties can be passed through to the server from the
connection string.

--
-Raman Iyer
SQL Server Data Mining

"Simmo" <Si...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Just wondered if anyone knew of any key differences in connection strings
> when connecting to 2005 rather than 2000 Analysis Services? Also are there
> any enhancements or funky new options available?
>
> thanks
> --
> Simmo

Simmo

Nov 24, 2005, 6:26:03 AM11/24/05
Hi thanks for that, however I cant find any information on some of the
parameters you put:

SQLQueryMode:
Real Time Olap:
EffectiveUserName:
MDX Missing Member Mode:

Simmo

Nov 24, 2005, 6:27:04 AM11/24/05
Cant find anything on the below in BOL, any further info much appreciated?

SQLQueryMode:
Real Time Olap:
EffectiveUserName:
MDX Missing Member Mode:

--
Simmo

Akshai Mirchandani [MS]

Nov 29, 2005, 4:56:47 PM11/29/05
Brief descriptions below but if they're not documented they're not supported
:)

SQLQueryMode -- Calculated/Data. SQL queries return either calculated
results or lowest pass results. The lowest pass mode is used by local cubes
to process the local cube from server cube's lowest pass data. You need
extra permission to fetch lowest pass data

Real Time Olap: true/false. Default is false -- if you turn this on, then
the query will ignore the in-memory caches of storage engine data and go
directly to the source data for each partition (MOLAP will go to MOLAP data
and ROLAP will execute relational queries).

EffectiveUserName: Allows impersonating another user when privilege is
available. Requires S4U Windows support to be setup.

MDX Missing Member Mode: Default/Ignore/Error. If a name in the MDX query
cannot be resolved, the server can either ignore it or raise an error.

Thanks,
Akshai

purposes only.