NaN and SQL 2000

David

May 15, 2006, 10:28:24 AM5/15/06

I'm tried to insert a double.NaN (C#) into a float column in SQL 2000 (8.0).

When I check the " select count(*) ", it retuns the count of all the records
i've tried to insert into the table until now. Right...

But, when i try to " select * ", it returns all records, less that one i had
inserted with double.NaN, and I get the "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
Driver]Numeric value out of range"

What should I do? Is it a bug? Or I can't use NaN with SQL Server?!

Thanks,

David

Mike C#

Jun 16, 2006, 1:28:46 PM6/16/06
I see nobody has supplied an answer yet. SQL Server doesn't recognize NaN.
You can use SQL's NULL to indicate a missing numeric value.

"David" <dalssoft at gmail com> wrote in message