Upgrade to SQL Server Express causes problem with backup

Wayne

Dec 29, 2005, 9:25:03 AM12/29/05
After upgradeing an existing MSDE instance to SQL Server express a backup
won't work. When using the following statement: "Backup Database APPDBTo
Disk='C:\Data\Archives\APPDB.bak' With Init" we get the error "Invalid
column name 'mirror_count'". If we rebuild the MSDB by running instmsdb.sql
then the backups work again. I found one post in another newsgroup about
this but was wondering if others were running into this problem or if there
is something we are doing wrong in upgrading our MSDE instances. We've
haven't been able to upgrade one yet without this problem. Just wanted to
check before calling support.

Thanks,
Wayne

Roger Wolter[MSFT]

Dec 29, 2005, 3:44:09 PM12/29/05
That's a know issue with upgrading MSDE instances. The cure as you found is
to run the script to upgrade msdb.

"Wayne" <Wa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Wayne

Dec 29, 2005, 4:16:03 PM12/29/05
Roger,
Thanks for getting back to me. Okay then that is what we will do. Do you
know if there are there any KB articles or anything on MSDN about it? I
could not find anything so I'm wondering if I was searching on the correct
thing. If it's a known issue I would have thought my search would have found
it right away.

Thanks,
Wayne