SQL EM "Invalid attribute/option identifier"

Joe

Mar 9, 2004, 12:12:11 PM3/9/04
When I try to add a new server registration in my SQL
Server Enterprise Manager, I go through all the steps and
eventually get the error "Invalid attribute/option
identifier". I was reading somewhere where someone
suggested re-installing MDAC and removing a registry
entry, but I tried that twice and it never worked. Help!
Thanks!

Guy Fox

Mar 10, 2004, 5:43:57 AM3/10/04
"Joe" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<991a01c405f9$a90aa820$a001...@phx.gbl>...

Don't know if this helps, but I got this error after installing VC++
1.5 on my machine to rework an old application overwrote the
sqlsrv32.dll with an older version. This screwed up Enterprise
Manager and Query Analyser big time and reinstalling MDAC - even
reinstalling SQL Server Client Tools - didn't help. In the end all I
had to do, though, was copy the correct version of this dll over from
another machine. It seems to be working OK now.

Joe

Mar 10, 2004, 9:41:58 AM3/10/04
That worked! Thanks!