WSUS downloaded Spanish instead of English Version of IE7.

1 view

Detlef Herhudt von Rohden

Nov 21, 2006, 7:59:22 PM11/21/06
Hi
I told WSUS to get the IE7 Installation.
WSUS is set to only get English updates.
When I added IE7 to the Test group, the installation failed because it is a
Spanish setup.
The log comes up with error 0x80070643 which I think is Office related.
I checked the files and iesetup.exe and the help file are definitely
Spanish.
Does anybody else have this problem?
Is there a fix?

Cheers
Detlef

isfake

Nov 21, 2006, 11:24:36 PM11/21/06
Yes i just got the same problem with WSUS.

The error in the installer log is: (I could not read the on screen message
as it was in spanish!)

00:00.938: ERROR: Failed to pass system version validation checks.
00:01.000: ERROR: Message to User: This installation does not support your
operating system's current language.
00:06.109: ERROR: Setup exit code: 0x0000000b (Can't install on this
language).

Has anyone got around this?

"Detlef Herhudt von Rohden" <detlef.v...@topaz.ws> wrote in message

dr.fr...@hotmail.co.uk

Nov 22, 2006, 6:08:30 AM11/22/06
Yeah, identical problem here...anyone found a solution?

Thanks.

smde...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2006, 8:33:31 AM11/22/06
We had the same problem this morning. I've got around it for now by
setting IE7 back to "Detect Only" in WSUS. However, we will want to
roll out IE7 properly soon so any ideas on how to get the English
version into WSUS would be appreciated.

Thanks

JoeMaya

Nov 22, 2006, 8:46:02 AM11/22/06
Hi Everyone,
I too am having the same problem. I approved the installation for my test
environment. It was detected on my test system, started installation and then
the installation stopped with a dialogue box in spanish with an OK button. So
I guess there is a problem with the exe uploaded by Microsoft yesterday.
Hopefully they'll fix the update tonight.

Regards.

sgr...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2006, 6:03:10 PM11/22/06
We found the same problem and found that Microsoft has classified the
Spanish version of IE7 as English. I called Microsoft and they are
going to expire the current update and create a package for the english
version of IE7.

Stephen

Detlef Herhudt von Rohden

Nov 23, 2006, 3:47:32 PM11/23/06
Hi
Microsoft has expired the update but has not put a new one on.
Looks like it is going to be sorted eventually.

Cheers
Detlef

<sgr...@gmail.com> wrote in message