Parser error all of a sudden...

Matt

Jan 9, 2007, 2:08:14 PM1/9/07
Have had no luck trying to fix this error and have no idea why I'm
getting it:

Parser Error
required to service this request. Please review the following specific
parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1,
position 1.

Source Error:

Line 1: <browsers>
Line 2: <browser id="Safari2" parentID="Safari1Plus">
Line 3: <controlAdapters>

Source File: /App_Browsers/compat.browser Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42;
ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210

Matt

Jan 10, 2007, 1:56:31 PM1/10/07
I noticed that on the server the App_Browsers folder contained a new
folder beside the compat.browser file named _vti_cnf. This folder
contained another compat.browser file containing some meta info. I
deleted this folder and this fixed the problem.

Samuel Yates

Feb 1, 2007, 10:08:18 PM2/1/07
On Jan 10, 10:56 am, "Matt" <mattmor...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I noticed that on the server the App_Browsers folder contained a new
> folder beside thecompat.browserfile named _vti_cnf. This folder
> contained anothercompat.browserfile containing some meta info. I

> deleted this folder and this fixed the problem.
>
> Matt wrote:
> > Have had no luck trying to fix thiserrorand have no idea why I'm
> > getting it:
>
> >ParserError

> > required to service this request. Please review the following specific
> > parseerrordetails and modify your source file appropriately.
>
> >ParserErrorMessage: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1,

> > position 1.
>
> > SourceError:
>
> > Line 1: <browsers>
> > Line 2: <browser id="Safari2" parentID="Safari1Plus">
> > Line 3: <controlAdapters>
>
> > Source File: /App_Browsers/compat.browser Line: 1

> > Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42;
> > ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210

Wow this really saved my bacon. Any idea why this happens? It looks
like SharePoint Designer is shooting itself in the foot here pretty
badly.

aki.k...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2007, 8:05:21 AM2/5/07
> likeSharePointDesigner is shooting itself in the foot here pretty
> badly.

Thank you

I was also struggling with this same issue.