Pwnie Awards 2010 should be condemned by the security community

andrew....@rocketmail.com

Jul 25, 2010, 3:44:41 AM7/25/10
I nominated Tavis Ormandy for "Most Epic FAIL" but it didn't get
shortlisted, probably because Pwnie awards is biased because all of
the judges carry out the same questionable activity as he does.

It is disgusting that people like Laurent Gaffié and Tavis Ormandy are
being made heros for putting everyone on the internet and beyond at
risk by making irresponsible disclosures behind Microsoft's back.

People like Gaffié and Ormandy shouldn't be awarded for anything,
instead their behaviour should be condemned by the security community.

Tavis Ormandy's recent disclosure was the first real case of cyber
terrorism n3td3v Security has said in a statement on its blog.

The "winners" of Pwnie awards are due to be announced at BlackHat USA
security conference on July 28, 2010.

Reference: http://pwnies.com/

Andrew Wallace

MowGreen

Jul 25, 2010, 11:51:55 AM7/25/10

Hear, hear !!!
Travis threw a hissy fit that is endangering millions and he should be
held accountable for *any* damage done.

There's a poll on his despicable actions here:
http://isc.sans.edu/poll.html?pollid=295

Results:

50 % =>Completely irresponsible
15.9 % =>No problems with it
21.3 % =>I disagree, but it may help improve things for the future
12.7 % =>I love drama on the Full Disclosure mailing list
Total Answers: 1612

Is it just coincidence that Travis is employed by *Google* ?

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com