Ping: Frank Saunders

BoaterDave

Nov 13, 2007, 10:45:42 AM11/13/07

> It's a long story and we're having trouble getting it fixed. For a while
> any links with www.dts-l.orgat the beginning won't be working properly.
> For the information at the "goodpost" link see:http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet
> Getting Your Post Noticed -- and Answeredhttp://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp
> How Not to Get Help in Newsgroupshttp://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html

> --
> Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WMwww.fjsmjs.com
> Do not send email

I appreciate your reply, Frank.

Despite it being a long story, I'd still be most interested to learn
more about the problem ......... and also to learn who, exactly, is
the 'we' - in "......we're having trouble getting it fixed".

I've always found your posts helpful. Perhaps you'll say a little
more
about this 'error' I spotted. TIA.

Dave

PA Bear

Nov 13, 2007, 4:31:17 PM11/13/07
BoaterDave wrote:
>> It's a long story and we're having trouble getting it fixed. For a while
>> any links with www.dts-l.orgat the beginning won't be working properly.
>> For the information at the "goodpost" link
>> see:http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet
>> Getting Your Post Noticed -- and
>> Answeredhttp://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp
>> How Not to Get Help in
>> Newsgroupshttp://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
>
> I appreciate your reply, Frank.
>
> Despite it being a long story, I'd still be most interested to learn
> more about the problem ......... and also to learn who, exactly, is
> the 'we' - in "......we're having trouble getting it fixed".
>
> I've always found your posts helpful. Perhaps you'll say a little
> more about this 'error' I spotted. TIA.

"We" are DTS-L.org. The rest is NOYB.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Nov 13, 2007, 8:59:44 PM11/13/07
"BoaterDave" <Boate...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

As Robear implied, DTS-L is a bunch of people who help out in Newsgroups.
Membership is by invitation only. The group is smaller than the list of
MVPs.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com
Do not send email

BoaterDave

Nov 14, 2007, 2:45:30 PM11/14/07
On Nov 14, 1:59 am, "Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM"
<franksaund...@mvps.org> wrote:
> "BoaterDave" <BoaterD...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

> >> It's a long story and we're having trouble getting it fixed. For a while
> >> any links withwww.dts-l.orgatthe beginning won't be working properly.

> >> For the information at the "goodpost" link
> >> see:http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet
> >> Getting Your Post Noticed -- and
> >> Answeredhttp://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp
> >> How Not to Get Help in
> >> Newsgroupshttp://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
>
> >> --
> >> Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WMwww.fjsmjs.com
> >> Do not send email
>
> > I appreciate your reply, Frank.
>
> > Despite it being a long story, I'd still be most interested to learn
> > more about the problem ......... and also to learn who, exactly, is
> > the 'we' - in "......we're having trouble getting it fixed".
>
> > I've always found your posts helpful. Perhaps you'll say a little
> > more
So just how do 'we', the novices who come here for help and advice,
know whether or not 'you' are the 'good guys'?

AFAICT there is no sure-fire way of assessing who gives good advice
here.

However, FWIW, I am fairly confident that you wouldn't, personally,
devote so much of your time helping others if your intent was to cause
harm.

Thanks for responding, Frank.

Dave

> > about this 'error' I spotted. TIA.
>
> > Dave
>
> As Robear implied, DTS-L is a bunch of people who help out in Newsgroups.
> Membership is by invitation only. The group is smaller than the list of
> MVPs.
>
> --
> Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WMwww.fjsmjs.com

> Do not send email- Hide quoted text -

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Nov 14, 2007, 9:16:19 PM11/14/07

> So just how do 'we', the novices who come here for help and advice,
> know whether or not 'you' are the 'good guys'?

Use good sense.

> AFAICT there is no sure-fire way of assessing who gives good advice
> here.

Correct.

BoaterDave

Nov 18, 2007, 7:12:07 PM11/18/07
On Nov 13, 9:31�pm, "PA Bear" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> BoaterDave wrote:
> >> It's a long story and we're having trouble getting it fixed. �For a while
> >> any links withwww.dts-l.orgatthe beginning won't be working properly.

> >> For the information at the "goodpost" link
> >> see:http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet
> >> Getting Your Post Noticed -- and
> >> Answeredhttp://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp
> >> How Not to Get Help in
> >> Newsgroupshttp://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
>
> > I appreciate your reply, Frank.
>
> > Despite it being a long story, I'd still be most interested to learn
> > more about the problem ......... and also to learn who, exactly, is
> > the 'we' - in � "......we're having trouble getting it fixed".
>
> > I've always found your posts helpful. Perhaps you'll say a little
> > more about this 'error' I spotted. TIA.
>
> "We" are DTS-L.org. �The rest is NOYB.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Adminhttp://aumha.net
> DTS-Lhttp://dts-l.org/- Hide quoted text -

What sort of answer is that, Robear? <vbg>

www.DTS-L.org leads to an advertising web site here on my PC.

I truly hope that you and your 'pals' are not involved in sending out
SPAM messages.

Perhaps you could/would expand on your brief response. TIA

Dave

PA Bear

Nov 19, 2007, 1:05:17 PM11/19/07
BoaterDave wrote:

>>> I appreciate your reply, Frank.
>>
>>> Despite it being a long story, I'd still be most interested to learn
>>> more about the problem ......... and also to learn who, exactly, is
>>> the 'we' - in � "......we're having trouble getting it fixed".

>>> I've always found your posts helpful. Perhaps you'll say a little
>>> more about this 'error' I spotted. TIA.
>>
>> "We" are DTS-L.org. �The rest is NOYB.

>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Adminhttp://aumha.net
>> DTS-Lhttp://dts-l.org/- Hide quoted text -

> What sort of answer is that, Robear? <vbg>
>
> www.DTS-L.org leads to an advertising web site here on my PC.
>
> I truly hope that you and your 'pals' are not involved in sending out
> SPAM messages.
>
> Perhaps you could/would expand on your brief response.

There are some ownership issues that are currently being addressed.

BoaterDave

Nov 19, 2007, 1:45:29 PM11/19/07
On 19 Nov, 18:05, "PA Bear" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> BoaterDave wrote:

> >> "We" are DTS-L.org. �The rest is NOYB.

> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> >> AumHa VSOP & Adminhttp://aumha.net
> >> DTS-Lhttp://dts-l.org/-Hide quoted text -

> > What sort of answer is that, Robear? <vbg>
>
> >www.DTS-L.orgleads to an advertising web site here on my PC.

> > I truly hope that you and your 'pals' are not involved in sending out
> > SPAM messages.
>
> > Perhaps you could/would expand on your brief response.
>
> There are some ownership issues that are currently being addressed.- Hide quoted text -

I can only deduce that you are referring to the use of the domain
name.

I appreciate your response, but cannot understand the need for the
'cloak and dagger' approach. A straight-forward answer is all that was/
is required! <g>

How about explaining a little about 'your' dts-l.org?

Dave

Peter Foldes

Nov 19, 2007, 9:54:11 PM11/19/07
>There are some ownership issues that are currently being addressed. <

I think that the above is pretty clear Dave. It is most likely a private issue and it should be left at that. There is nothing behind it in terms of your understanding and it is none of our or anybody's business. No bad ideas or intent behind it.

--
Peter

BoaterDave

Nov 20, 2007, 5:34:53 PM11/20/07
On 20 Nov, 02:54, "Peter Foldes" <ok...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >There are some ownership issues that are currently being addressed. <
>
> I think that the above is pretty clear Dave. It is most likely a private issue and it should be left at that. There is nothing behind it in terms of your understanding and it is none of our or anybody's business. No bad  ideas or intent  behind it.
>
> --
> Peter

> "BoaterDave" <BoaterD...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in messagenews:bf7edb73-c2c1-451f...@e1g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...

> On 19 Nov, 18:05, "PA Bear" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > BoaterDave wrote:

> > > What sort of answer is that, Robear? <vbg>
>
> > >www.DTS-L.orgleadsto an advertising web site here on my PC.

> > > I truly hope that you and your 'pals' are not involved in sending out
> > > SPAM messages.
>
> > > Perhaps you could/would expand on your brief response.
>
> > There are some ownership issues that are currently being addressed.- Hide quoted text -

> I can only deduce that you are referring to the use of the domain
> name.
>
> I appreciate your response, but cannot understand the need for the
> 'cloak and dagger' approach. A straight-forward answer is all that was/
> is required! <g>
>
> How about explaining a little about 'your' dts-l.org?
>
> Dave- Hide quoted text -

I'm astounded that you, of all folk, have responded here. Now I'm even
*more* curious! What prompted your 'intrusion' here, Peter? I thought
I was on your 'Kill File' lst. Are you, for some reason, following my
posting habits again? I'd *really* like to know.

I'm sure Robear and/or Frank can answer for themselves should they
feel it appropriate.

Dave

Peter Foldes

Nov 22, 2007, 12:01:06 AM11/22/07
>I'm sure Robear and/or Frank can answer for themselves should they
>feel it appropriate

Since you are still going at it and not understanding concerning the posts above by Frank and Robear. It is not appropriate as you said it Dave and I just thought you might understand that after my posting

--
Peter

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:ebfb710c-7389-44b3...@b32g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...

On 20 Nov, 02:54, "Peter Foldes" <ok...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >There are some ownership issues that are currently being addressed. <
>
> I think that the above is pretty clear Dave. It is most likely a private issue and it should be left at that. There is nothing behind it in terms of your understanding and it is none of our or anybody's business. No bad ideas or intent behind it.
>
> --
> Peter

I'm astounded that you, of all folk, have responded here. Now I'm even

BoaterDave

Nov 23, 2007, 1:28:56 AM11/23/07
On 22 Nov, 05:01, "Peter Foldes" <ok...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >I'm sure Robear and/or Frank can answer for themselves should they
> >feel it appropriate
>
> Since you are still going at it and not understanding concerning the posts above by Frank and Robear. It is not appropriate as you said it Dave and I just thought you might understand that after my posting
>
> --
> Peter

> "BoaterDave" <BoaterD...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in messagenews:ebfb710c-7389-44b3...@b32g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...

> On 20 Nov, 02:54, "Peter Foldes" <ok...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >There are some ownership issues that are currently being addressed. <
>
> > I think that the above is pretty clear Dave. It is most likely a private issue and it should be left at that. There is nothing behind it in terms of your understanding and it is none of our or anybody's business. No bad ideas or intent behind it.
>
> > --
> > Peter
>
> > Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
> > Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
>
> I'm astounded that you, of all folk, have responded here. Now I'm even
> *more* curious! What prompted your 'intrusion' here, Peter? I thought
> I was on your 'Kill File' lst. Are you, for some reason, following my
> posting habits again? I'd *really* like to know.
>
> I'm sure Robear and/or Frank can answer for themselves should they
> feel it appropriate.
>
> Dave

I should like, therefore, to thank you Peter. <s>

However ........... Frank said "As Robear implied, DTS-L is a bunch of

people who help out in Newsgroups.
Membership is by invitation only. The group is smaller than the list
of MVPs".

When I've looked at a list of MVP's in the past, I couldn't find many
of the names of those posting on these newsgroups and using 'MVP' in
their signature block. Perhaps I've looked in the wrong place or not
been as 'eagle-eyed' as I should have been.

One name, in particular, springs to mind - Kuay Tim. Is this poster
actually an MVP?

Perhaps someone reading here will confirm this and/or point me in the
direction of a full list of current MVP's. TIA.

Dave

Peter Foldes

Nov 23, 2007, 8:31:40 AM11/23/07
Yes David Kuay Tim is an MS-MVP in Outlook Express. Not every MVP Awardees lists themselves or are they listed on the MS MVP page. KT has been around a very long time supporting and helping posters and there is no reason whatsoever to doubt his authenticity David.

Have a nice rest of the day David

--
Peter

PA Bear

Nov 23, 2007, 2:58:23 PM11/23/07
BoaterDave wrote:
<snip>

> One name, in particular, springs to mind - Kuay Tim. Is this poster
> actually an MVP?
>
> Perhaps someone reading here will confirm this and/or point me in the
> direction of a full list of current MVP's. TIA.

Current MVPs with publicly accessible profiles may be found here:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

jen

Nov 23, 2007, 4:28:31 PM11/23/07
"BoaterDave" <Boate...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

On 19 Nov, 18:05, "PA Bear" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> BoaterDave wrote:

> >> "We" are DTS-L.org. The rest is NOYB.
> > What sort of answer is that, Robear? <vbg>
> >www.DTS-L.org leads to an advertising web site here on my PC.

> > I truly hope that you and your 'pals' are not involved in sending
> > out
> > SPAM messages.
> > Perhaps you could/would expand on your brief response.
> There are some ownership issues that are currently being addressed.

I can only deduce that you are referring to the use of the domain

name.
I appreciate your response, but cannot understand the need for the
'cloak and dagger' approach. A straight-forward answer is all that was/
is required! <g>
How about explaining a little about 'your' dts-l.org?

Dave

Dave, here is a Google cached page for DTS-L.org. Maybe it will quench
your curiosity a bit :)
http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:JStod6LoHPsJ:www.dts-l.org/searchme.htm+dts-l&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=10&gl

-jen

BoaterDave

Nov 23, 2007, 6:12:26 PM11/23/07
On Nov 23, 9:28 pm, "jen" <j...@example.com> wrote:
> "BoaterDave" <BoaterD...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

> On 19 Nov, 18:05, "PA Bear" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > BoaterDave wrote:

> > > What sort of answer is that, Robear? <vbg>
> > >www.DTS-L.orgleads to an advertising web site here on my PC.

> > > I truly hope that you and your 'pals' are not involved in sending
> > > out
> > > SPAM messages.
> > > Perhaps you could/would expand on your brief response.
> > There are some ownership issues that are currently being addressed.
>
> I can only deduce that you are referring to the use of the domain
> name.
> I appreciate your response, but cannot understand the need for the
> 'cloak and dagger' approach. A straight-forward answer is all that was/
> is required! <g>
> How about explaining a little about 'your' dts-l.org?
>
> Dave
>
> Dave, here is a Google cached page for DTS-L.org. Maybe it will quench
> your curiosity a bit :)http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:JStod6LoHPsJ:www.dts-l.org/searc...
>
> -jen- Hide quoted text -

Hello 'jen' :)

Thank you for popping in here to help. By a circuitous route -
following your link - I ended up here:-
http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:mMoPiCGmuLEJ:www.dts-l.org/./gallery.htm+Robear+Dyer&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1

I'm happy with all the names I see there.

I noted some while ago that you, too, had noticed that Peter Foldes
had resurrected himself as Derek Feldman on the Annexcafe U2U
newsgroup. Did you get a satisfactory answer from 'him' regarding this
name-change scenario? (by taking the matter up by email, as he
requested).

Dave

BoaterDave

Nov 23, 2007, 6:43:32 PM11/23/07
On Nov 23, 1:31 pm, "Peter Foldes" <ok...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Yes David Kuay Tim is an MS-MVP in Outlook Express. Not every MVP Awardees lists themselves or are they listed on the MS MVP page. KT has been around a very long time supporting and helping posters and there is no reason whatsoever to doubt his authenticity David.
>
> Have a nice rest of the day David
>
> --
> Peter

> "BoaterDave" <BoaterD...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in messagenews:63e6d019-7a27-4dcb...@e23g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
> > Dave- Hide quoted text -

Thank you for putting my mind at rest, Peter. I'm sure you appreciate
just how much damage could be done by someone purporting to be a
'helper' when in fact they might be using these newsgroups as a
recruiting ground for surrepticious purposes.

There must be thousands of posters on the MS groups who, naively, use
their 'real' email address when first they post here. How easy it
would be to send them an email inviting them to a 'private' newsgroup
where they could then be 'infected' with ease by those with bad
intent.

You have been a 'helper' for many a year too, Peter. Indeed, when I
search Google Groups for you there are currently 15,400 posts listed.
May I enquire as to why you, personally, feel that you have not been
accredited with the MVP status? Did you spend too much time posting
over in the Annexcafe groups, perhaps? Just wondering.

Dave

BoaterDave

Nov 23, 2007, 6:49:52 PM11/23/07

Thanks Robear. :)

I note that Kuay Tim is not amongst those mentioned. Perhaps he is not
sufficiently proud of the accolade MVP.

Dave.

Peter Foldes

Nov 24, 2007, 12:41:00 AM11/24/07
David

I did my stint with a title from 94-96. I have been asked a nominated multiple times and each and every time I have declined. Last one was just about 6 months ago. My expertise is with network and servers and I am more happy to post as myself and by myself with only my name. Also I have 47 MSN newsgroups set up and being used on my newsreader
Also note that I have been on these MSN forums since it's inception back in the early 90's and annexcafe and some other news servers I also frequent.

I hope that the above serves your curiosity about me Dave

Have a wonderful rest of the day

--
Peter

PA Bear

Nov 24, 2007, 11:01:54 AM11/24/07
BoaterDave wrote:
>>> One name, in particular, springs to mind - Kuay Tim. Is this poster
>>> actually an MVP?
>>
>>> Perhaps someone reading here will confirm this and/or point me in the
>>> direction of a full list of current MVP's. TIA.
>>
>> Current MVPs with publicly accessible profiles may be found
>> here: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx
>
> Thanks Robear. :)
>
> I note that Kuay Tim is not amongst those mentioned. Perhaps he is not
> sufficiently proud of the accolade MVP.

Never assume. There are an infinite number of reasons an MVP chooses not to
make his/her profile publicly available.
--
~PA Bear

PA Bear

Nov 24, 2007, 12:22:46 PM11/24/07
For now, DTS-L.ORG website may be reached at http://66.39.69.143/ and the
"How to make a good newsgroup post" page will be found at
http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/

BoaterDave

Nov 24, 2007, 6:31:36 PM11/24/07
On Nov 24, 5:22�pm, "PA Bear" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For now, DTS-L.ORG website may be reached athttp://66.39.69.143/and the
> "How to make a good newsgroup post" page will be found athttp://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm

> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Adminhttp://aumha.net
> DTS-L.ORGhttp://66.39.69.143/

Thanks, Robear.

BoaterDave

Nov 24, 2007, 6:50:00 PM11/24/07

I'm known in 'real life' to often use the phrase "Never assume -
check!"

However, when I try to check the credentials of people and/or facts on
newsgroups I often encounter 'difficulties'. You, yourself, said
"NOYB" when it appears that you could have provided a straight-forward
explanation which would have simplified matters considerably.

Can you personally vouch for the credibility of Kuay Tim? Can you
confirm that he is, indeed, a MVP as stated in this thread by Peter
Foldes? I recognise that you have no obligation to answer, but I would
appreciate you so doing! :) TIA

Dave

jen

Nov 26, 2007, 5:48:05 PM11/26/07
"BoaterDave" <Boate...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
[snip]

> Hello 'jen' :)
> Thank you for popping in here to help. By a circuitous route -
> following your link - I ended up here:-
> http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:mMoPiCGmuLEJ:www.dts-l.org/./gallery.htm+Robear+Dyer&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1
> I'm happy with all the names I see there.
> I noted some while ago that you, too, had noticed that Peter Foldes
> had resurrected himself as Derek Feldman on the Annexcafe U2U
> newsgroup. Did you get a satisfactory answer from 'him' regarding this
> name-change scenario? (by taking the matter up by email, as he
> requested).

I did not email DF/PF, Dave. I was not, nor am I now, interested in an
answer from him as to the failed charade in said group...

-jen

BoaterDave

Nov 27, 2007, 6:14:53 PM11/27/07
On Nov 26, 10:48 pm, "jen" <j...@example.com> wrote:
> "BoaterDave" <BoaterD...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

> [snip]
>
> > Hello 'jen' :)
> > Thank you for popping in here to help. By a circuitous route -
> > following your link - I ended up here:-
> >http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:mMoPiCGmuLEJ:www.dts-l.org/./gal...

> > I'm happy with all the names I see there.
> > I noted some while ago that you, too, had noticed that Peter Foldes
> > had resurrected himself as Derek Feldman on the Annexcafe U2U
> > newsgroup. Did you get a satisfactory answer from 'him' regarding this
> > name-change scenario? (by taking the matter up by email, as he
> > requested).
>
> I did not email DF/PF, Dave. I was not, nor am I now, interested in an
> answer from him as to the failed charade in said group...
>
> -jen

Thank you for replying 'jen' - I appreciate it. :)

Just a thought. I wonder if you would care to join in the various
debates
ongoing at the BB set up by your (almost <g>) namesake, Jenn, who was,
like me, cast out of Annexcafe.
You can find us here:- http://pqlr.org/bbs/index.php

Every post I have ever seen by you has been 'good' - helpful and
accurate.

Peter Foldes told lies on U2U. Kuay Tim 'invited' me there by email,
having
found my address at the time from these MS newsgroups. I'm quite sure
that something is terribly amiss with Annexcafe. Maybe you could help
me
pinpoint some of the bad guys over time? ;)

Dave