Shutdown Message

1 view

me g

Apr 16, 2006, 10:48:01 PM4/16/06
Receive a "Program not responding" window message when shutting down. The
program is Shelllconhiddenwindow.exe. What is this?
--
me g

Panda_man

Apr 17, 2006, 1:11:01 AM4/17/06
My reply is at the bottom of your mesage :

"me g" wrote:

You have malicious software(malware) . You need to remove it. Programs which
have been installed must be removed first by Add/Remove programs first and
the manually delete all things that are left and then scan/clean.

If this program is not responding , click END NOW.If this doesn't work ,
press CTR+ALT+DEL and you'll open Task Manager , try to ^kill^ this program
or click on Shut Down-> Restart

Regards!

Panda_man
--
Bronze level Contributor , MS-Newsgroups
Prevention is always better than cure !

Malke

Apr 17, 2006, 10:29:15 AM4/17/06
Panda_man wrote:

> My reply is at the bottom of your mesage :
>

> "me g" wrote:
>
>> Receive a "Program not responding" window message when shutting down.
>> The
>> program is Shelllconhiddenwindow.exe. What is this?

> You have malicious software(malware) . You need to remove it. Programs
> which have been installed must be removed first by Add/Remove programs
> first and the manually delete all things that are left and then
> scan/clean.

This is incorrect. Although the OP may have malware - we don't know the
state of his computer - the ShellIconHiddenWindow is not malware. This
has to do with MusicMatch Jukebox (a legitimate program) processes
starting with Windows.

Go to Start>Run and type (without quotes) "msconfig" [enter]. This
brings up the System Configuration Utility. Look on the Startup tab and
find all entries relating to MusciMatch. Uncheck the boxes next to the
names, Apply and OK out. You don't need to restart immediately, but the
next time you do you'll get a dialog saying you've used the Utility.
Just tick the box that says in effect, "don't bother me about this
again".

This should stop everything to do with MusicMatch Jukebox from starting
with Windows and you won't get the ShellIconHiddenWindow any more.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Panda_man

Apr 17, 2006, 12:24:36 PM4/17/06
My reply is at the bottom of your message :

"Malke" wrote:

> This is incorrect. Although the OP may have malware - we don't know the
> state of his computer - the ShellIconHiddenWindow is not malware. This
> has to do with MusicMatch Jukebox (a legitimate program) processes
> starting with Windows.
>
> Go to Start>Run and type (without quotes) "msconfig" [enter]. This
> brings up the System Configuration Utility. Look on the Startup tab and
> find all entries relating to MusciMatch. Uncheck the boxes next to the
> names, Apply and OK out. You don't need to restart immediately, but the
> next time you do you'll get a dialog saying you've used the Utility.
> Just tick the box that says in effect, "don't bother me about this
> again".
>
> This should stop everything to do with MusicMatch Jukebox from starting
> with Windows and you won't get the ShellIconHiddenWindow any more.
>
> Malke
> --

I am afraid this time you can be wrong.
First we know some things about OP's computer status. Just read the thread
above (Delete unwanted program) where you answer to me g telling him/her how
to remove malicious software. If he/she has malware it is likely to have such
a problems and programs not responding.I admit that what you write here is
absolutely right and possible but only if he/she is clean of malware. If
there is malware ,which you state in the thread above , the OP must first
clean the PC and then fix another software problems.

Regards !

Malke

Apr 17, 2006, 9:45:45 PM4/17/06
Panda_man wrote:

> I am afraid this time you can be wrong.
> First we know some things about OP's computer status. Just read the
> thread above (Delete unwanted program) where you answer to me g
> telling him/her how to remove malicious software. If he/she has
> malware it is likely to have such a problems and programs not
> responding.I admit that what you write here is absolutely right and
> possible but only if he/she is clean of malware. If there is malware
> ,which you state in the thread above , the OP must first clean the PC
> and then fix another software problems.
>
> Regards !
>
> Panda_man

-Sigh- Yes, of course I can be wrong because I'm not a perfect person
and of course we don't know whether the OP has malware or not. I *said*
that. The *fact* is that the ShellIconHiddenWindow is a *known* issue
with Music Match software. Although it seems like it sometimes, not
everything that goes wrong with Windows is because of malware.

Panda_man