Telnet from WSH - AND IT'S ABOUT FLIPPIN' TIME!!!!!

Alex K. Angelopoulos (MVP)

Oct 25, 2002, 10:20:39 PM10/25/02
Check this out:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/telscript/

COM object, GNU GPL license. Full source code, a VB and some VC++ projects, AND
a demo VBScript.

I have no idea how good it is yet, but just the fact that it exists rocks...

--
Please respond in the newsgroup so everyone may benefit.
http://dev.remotenetworktechnology.com

Ned Flanders

Oct 27, 2002, 1:59:40 AM10/27/02
I, personally, am about to check this thing out *LIKE CRAZY*.
About flippin' time, indeed! Now I can finally run csh/bash scripts like
they're *supposed* to work....

"Alex K. Angelopoulos (MVP)" <a...@mvps.org> wrote in message

Alex K. Angelopoulos (MVP)

Oct 27, 2002, 2:55:25 AM10/27/02
It may be only half-way what we want. I can't get anything back - but I can log
in with no problems...

Set Tel = CreateObject("Telst.Tel.1")
Tel.connect "192.168.2.11", "23"
'Tel.Minimize
WScript.Sleep 2000
Tel.PutCmd("Administrator" & vbCr)
WScript.Echo Response
Tel.PutCmd("password" & vbCr)
WScript.Echo Response

In news:eQYc8YYfCHA.1432@tkmsftngp10,
Ned Flanders typed:

Michael Harris (MVP)

Oct 27, 2002, 1:45:57 PM10/27/02
Alex K. Angelopoulos (MVP) wrote:
> It may be only half-way what we want. I can't get anything back - but
> I can log in with no problems...
>
> Set Tel = CreateObject("Telst.Tel.1")
> Tel.connect "192.168.2.11", "23"
> 'Tel.Minimize
> WScript.Sleep 2000
> Tel.PutCmd("Administrator" & vbCr)
> WScript.Echo Response
> Tel.PutCmd("password" & vbCr)
> WScript.Echo Response

??? Is Response supposed to be a property of the Tel object instance ???

As posted, it's just an unitialized (Empty) variable...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Alex K. Angelopoulos (MVP)

Oct 27, 2002, 2:16:34 PM10/27/02
Looks to me like coding at 2 AM is a bad thing. Funny, it always worked in grad
school. <g>

Yes, indeed, it does return valid data when used correctly - thanks, Michael.

In news:u8niijefCHA.2516@tkmsftngp11,
Michael Harris (MVP) typed: