Interpreter / Comments

iva...@my-deja.com

Nov 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/2/99
Hi all,

A coworker of mine just returned from the ASP Fall Developers conference
saying that she heard you'll get better performance if you strip your
comments out of your production code and turn Option Explicit off on the
production box, as both of these operations slow down interpretation
time. My question is ... I thought that interpretation only happens
once, the first time the page is hit, after which it's cached in an
"interpreted" form. If that's the case, these are meaningless
optimizations, as they'll only make a difference the first time the page
is hit. Anyone know better?

Thanks,
Ian Varley

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/