How to compile vbscripts into EXE

1 view

Colleen

Feb 27, 2003, 11:27:58 AM2/27/03
Anyone have a script (or good online resource) that will compile vbscripts
and bat files into a single executable?

Torgeir Bakken (MVP)

Feb 27, 2003, 11:50:56 AM2/27/03
Colleen wrote:

> Anyone have a script (or good online resource) that will compile vbscripts
> and bat files into a single executable?

Hi

That utility does not exist I think (well, there are a bat2exe out there, but
it does not work always on win2k/winxp). To make it into a exe, you should e.g.
port (manually) your scripts/batch files to e.g. Visual Basic or some other
programming language with a proper compiler/linker.

--
torgeir
Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page

Paul

Feb 27, 2003, 6:07:58 PM2/27/03
"Colleen" <cco...@vistainnovation.com> wrote in message news:<#0$VQ1n3C...@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...

> Anyone have a script (or good online resource) that will compile vbscripts
> and bat files into a single executable?

Colleen,

If you've ever played with the IEAK it comes with an interesting
utility called iexpress.exe. This gets a list of files, packs them
into a self extracting cab and asks for a string to execute - I just
tell it to pack my vbs and run the command line "wscript.exe
filename.vbs" - its not elegant in that people can go in with winzip
and have a look, but to the less inquisitive it appears that its an
exe running.

Good luck

jp

Mar 2, 2003, 11:29:00 PM3/2/03
"Colleen" <cco...@vistainnovation.com> wrote in message news:<#0$VQ1n3C...@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Anyone have a script (or good online resource) that will compile vbscripts
> and bat files into a single executable?

There is a program called "ASP Compiler". I haven't had the time to
try it, but it sure sounds cool. If you do try it, please post your
experience here, I would really like to know how well it works.

Here is some info and links...

http://www.virtusales.com/dev-compiler.asp
http://www.programmersheaven.com/zone26/cat775/20404.htm
http://www.newobjects.com/product.asp?Category=61&Story=266

This product comes to solve some common problems for the ASP /
VBScript programmers. Many developers need to protect their source
code or improve its performance. With products like our ALP and its
equivalents from other vendors ASP programming conquers the desktops
as well - thus the code protection problem for the ASP developers
becomes more important than ever before. As many people know there is
no enough secure way to encrypt code and keep it functionality at the
same time. Many tricks are possible, but they require many specific
changes or installation of very specific software and the results are
not something better then the old good binary executable files which
in addition improve the performance by replacing the script with
machine code.

Thus ASP Compiler (ASPC) is a cross compiler which allows you to
convert ASP pages and other VBScript files to COM DLL-s. Working with
our partners over applied projects we found that such products exist,
but they do not cover all the VBScript 5.0 features thus we decided to
build our own compiler. ASPC supports approximately all the features
found in VBScript 5.0 and allows extended programming techniques to be
used. It supports VBScript classes, Functions/Subs, Constants, With
statements and so on. Also it supports not only ASP but also WSH
(Windows Scripting Host) and through custom configuration VBScripts
for any other script host working with plain VBScript files or
ASP-like files. In With additional parser configuration or/and new
parser components ASPC can be extended to support another scripting
environments and we will publish such updates as minor updates or
additions.