Please help - XP script doesn't work in Vista - TIA

Stuffin

Jan 3, 2007, 9:53:53 AM1/3/07
This script sets the wallpaper and then the last line forces it to take
effect immediately. It works fine in XP but in Vista, it doesn't take effect
until a reboot. Anyone know how to make this work in Vista? Thanks in
advance

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper", RetireBitmap
WshShell.Run "%windir%\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE user32.dll,
UpdatePerUserSystemParameters", 1, False

asdf

Jan 7, 2007, 1:54:52 AM1/7/07
With all those forced shell or explorer restarts, disguising
and triggering and semi hidding the flickering and really
shell restart when icons disappear etc. it should not matter,
sholuld you invoke that you also to have your wallpaper refreshed
by instanteniously ticked.

After legions of windows version and same semi version,
do you really believe anything changed ?

When I ran a Release Version, I was presented with
6 icons in two rows in my face each bigger than spoon and all 640*480 or
likely 1024*768.

Proud on those icons, aren't they.

Others reported they need to click 6 - 12 times to find the shutdown button.

********************

Hope that helps.

*************************

For others :

IBM announced they may market a real 5+ Gigahertz Chip
and Hitachi announced a TerraBytes Harddrive, which is
rouglhly the equivalent of 80.000 trees each saving 8.000 sheets
of copy paper.

*************************

For those who wanna get out of Iraaarh, at least mentally,
the time has come, to project some of their genius genes,
for presence in future generations, to be lauded
towards their representative, soon.

"Stuffin" <ala...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Stuffin

Jan 7, 2007, 8:30:45 AM1/7/07
I'm sorry, I did not understand your answer.

"asdf" <as...@asdf.com> wrote in message

asdf

Jan 12, 2007, 2:27:15 AM1/12/07
You need to tick or trigger a refresh.

On win9x there was instant 'system refresh'

On 2000/xp/2003 there were 'priorities' to be set

On Vista there there seems to be low 'priority' for some 'older' routines.

--------------------------------

Along that line.

There is a reg key along 'AllowShellAutoRestart'

So some key like that will probably do it.

Reboot Requirement, that although seems improbable.

-------------------------------------

Your search keywords are rather :

shell, refresh,start, registry, set, change and NOT vbscript

"Stuffin" <ala...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

asdf

Jan 21, 2007, 7:34:39 AM1/21/07
From my resources, will not follow up:

VARIOUS :

Set UIHelper = CreateObject("Shell.UIHelper")
UIHelper.RefreshOfflineDesktop

Set expNameSpace = CreateObject("ShellNameSpace.ShellNameSpace")
expNameSpace.Synchronize