Checking for windows installer version

Ross McIntosh

Sep 24, 2001, 11:57:37 AM9/24/01

I'm trying to verify what version of installer is on a user's machine using
vbscript on a web page.

Is this possible to do, and if so has anyone tried it before?

Thanks,
Ross

Michael Harris (MVP)

Sep 24, 2001, 4:27:04 PM9/24/01
You should note that the "windowsinstaller.installer" object is not marked safe for scripting in IE
browser hosted script...

<head>
<script language="vbscript">
sub document_onclick()
set installer = createobject("windowsinstaller.installer")
msgbox installer.version
end sub
</script>
</head>
Click me for Windows Installer version...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting