firefox ajax

Active Discovery Development

Sep 13, 2007, 5:25:23 AM9/13/07
good day to everyone!

http_request.open("GET", url, false);

anyone knows why this line isnt working in firefox?
if i change it to true its working but i need to use false.

anyone?

Dave Anderson

Sep 13, 2007, 9:36:01 AM9/13/07
"Active Discovery Development" wrote:
> http_request.open("GET", url, false);
>
> anyone knows why this line isnt working in firefox?
> if i change it to true its working but i need to use false.

Firefox knows. Open the Error Console to get detailed error messages. For
granular control over what is reported, consider installing the Console²
extension.
http://console2.mozdev.org/index.html

--
Dave Anderson

Martin Honnen

Sep 13, 2007, 11:26:55 AM9/13/07
Active Discovery Development wrote:

> http_request.open("GET", url, false);
>
> anyone knows why this line isnt working in firefox?
> if i change it to true its working but i need to use false.

I am sure the open call works with false for the asynchronous argument.
But Firefox does not fire onreadystatechange events in that case so
you need to put your code processing the response after the send call.

--

Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Active Discovery Development

Sep 13, 2007, 9:27:58 PM9/13/07

"Martin Honnen" <maho...@yahoo.de> wrote in message

> Active Discovery Development wrote:
>
>> http_request.open("GET", url, false);
>>
>> anyone knows why this line isnt working in firefox?
>> if i change it to true its working but i need to use false.
>
> I am sure the open call works with false for the asynchronous argument.
> But Firefox does not fire onreadystatechange events in that case so you
> need to put your code processing the response after the send call.

wow! it works! thanks for your help Martin!

i notice that firefox doesnt fire onreadystatechange when async is false, i
just didnt know that processing the response after the send call will work.
thanks for your help!

good day and good luck!