User-defined fields and invoice/sales/quote word templates (SBA 20

Stephen

Nov 28, 2006, 8:45:02 AM11/28/06
I've created a few very relevant user-defined fields in my various online
forms.

I need them to be printed in the quotes, sales and invoice documents that
open up in Word.

I have had no success inserting them. I even manipulated the underlying XML
template, and I still got no results.

I am at a loss as to how to do something that should be so simple.

Is this even possible, and how would I do it?

Ning Sun (MS)

Nov 28, 2006, 6:44:32 PM11/28/06
This feature is supported by Office Accounting 2007, but not by SBA 2006.

If you use Office Accounting 2007, please try the following:
On the quote/order/invoice form, go to Actions->Manage Word Templates and
select the template you want to modify.
Word will be launched and have the template loaded. On the "Document
Actions" pane on the right side of the Word window, you will see the list of
fields that includes several "User-Defined Fields". You can double click any
field in the list to add the field to the Word template.

Hope this helps.
Ning

"Stephen" <Ste...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Stephen

Nov 29, 2006, 3:40:01 AM11/29/06
It doesn't seem to work!

I added a field which I named "Units" into my Inventory form. It is then on
each line of the Products in my Quotes form.

1) I can't insert [Units] or anything other field into the SALESQUOTELINE
section in the Word document.

2) Actually [Units] at first it didn't even exist until I modifed the
schema. Then I actually was able to insert it into the Line after I changed
the XML schema and added the word field name Units -but all it does it add
the placeholder, but doesn't fill in the information.

3) I tried sticking it into the document and not in the salesquoteline, and
also with no success.

Ning Sun (MS)

Nov 30, 2006, 8:12:48 PM11/30/06
Stephen,
I guess you want to export user-defined fields on item lines to Word.
Unfortunately Office Accounting 2007 doesn't support this. It only supports
user-defined fields on the document level, not on the lines.

Regards,
Ning

"Stephen" <Ste...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Stephen

Dec 3, 2006, 5:45:00 AM12/3/06
That's exactly what I want to do.
It's important too!

Congkai

Dec 16, 2006, 9:10:01 PM12/16/06
stephen, are u there? did u managed to get this sloved? i am trying the same
thing.. i need special fields in the quotation to type in somethings....

its hard to track this post.. is it ok that you e-mail me
con...@hotmail.com and we can share comments? i need this sloved urgently...

Teuf

Mar 19, 2007, 2:24:05 AM3/19/07
Hi Ning,

Is this feature available now in Business Accounting Pro 2007. How can I get
the user-defined fileds on my invoice displayed on the word template which
should be sent by e-mail to my client?

This is extermely important. Is there a way to do this?

thanks,
Bahi

Ning Sun (MS)

Mar 27, 2007, 3:10:58 PM3/27/07
Hi Teuf,
For how to use user defined field in Word template, please see my post on
another thread initiated by you.
Yes. You can use it for email also.

Thanks,
Ning