Cannot open project file

Lozzaw

Feb 9, 2010, 5:17:02 PM2/9/10
Hi

Can anybody suggest a reason why my Project 2003 file has suddenly stopped
opening? It displays the error message 'Project cannot recognise this file
format. Do you want to open the file as text only'.

Anybody come across this before?

Thanks

Rod Gill

Feb 9, 2010, 6:51:06 PM2/9/10

Is this all files or just this one?

If it's just the one, file corruption is a possibility, try a backup copy.

If all files, then have you just updated to SP3? If so, legacy (older
formats) are restricted by default. Under Tools, Options, Security tab,
select the third option, allow legacy formats and try again.

--

Rod Gill
Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz

Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com

"Lozzaw" <Loz...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> signature database 4852 (20100209) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4852 (20100209) __________

http://www.eset.com

Lozzaw

Feb 11, 2010, 12:09:01 PM2/11/10
Hi

Problem is just with 1 file. I tried your suggestion but no luck. I guess
the file is corrupt and I'll just have to recreate it.

Thanks anyway