Project Server 2007 Loading Grid Problem

msaidy

Apr 27, 2007, 10:14:01 AM4/27/07
When accessing the Project Center in PS 2007, and after downloading active X,
I get a screen "Loading Grid..." and it does not display anything. I tried
cleaning cache and re-installing active x with no luck. Active x is enabled
in IE. Any Idea on how to resolve this in XP Sp2 w/IE 6? Thx.
--
msaidy

NZ Projects

Apr 30, 2007, 3:54:01 AM4/30/07
Try adding the PWA url to trusted sites in IE.

msaidy

May 2, 2007, 11:01:03 AM5/2/07
I checked, it is added, but still have this problem.
--
msaidy

Gary L. Chefetz [MVP]

May 2, 2007, 10:25:47 PM5/2/07
Set the trusted sites security level to low
Under custom level, make sure that access across domains is enabled and that
you allow unsigned activeX objects

If those don't work, then:

Make sure the client workstation has the latest version of MDAC
Make sure that the client doesn't have firewall settings that could block it

If that doesn't work then:

Tell us what browser add-ins you have installed
What Anti virus program are you using?

--

Gary L. Chefetz, MVP
MSProjectExperts

"msaidy" <msa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

msaidy

May 4, 2007, 11:22:01 AM5/4/07
Hi Gary -

Thank you for responding. I have two of your Project books and they are
great.

I did all of the below and I still have the loading grid problem. Any other
thoughts or ideas?

I have the trusted sites security level set to low
I have access across domains set to enabled
I have unsigned activex objects set to alllow
I have MDAC 2.8 sp1
I have the client firewall not enabled

I have turned off all browser (IE 6) add-ins
I am using Symnatic Anti Virus v10

--
Thank you
msaidy

Gary L. Chefetz [MVP]

May 7, 2007, 3:47:39 PM5/7/07
sometimes turning off browser add-ins isn't enough, at time they need to be
deinstalled. Norton has definitely been implicated in this type of behavior
for 2002, 2003, and 2007.

--

Gary L. Chefetz, MVP
MSProjectExperts
For Project Server Consulting: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
For Project Server FAQS: http://www.projectserverexperts.com

"msaidy" <msa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Dmitriy

Jun 14, 2007, 11:48:01 AM6/14/07
We also have the same problem... When one of my associates tries to load
Project or Resource center, they only get the "Loading grid..." message. The
strange thing is that it didn't even ask him to download any ActiveX
controls. He is running IE7 and has Project 2007 client installed. When I
tried it on my computer it asked me to download ActiveX which took 5sec and
then it worked fine. Has anyone had any similar problems and has a solution
for this? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Dmitriy

jimsloey

Oct 9, 2007, 11:43:06 AM10/9/07
We are also having this problem. We've shut off all security, add-ins, cleaned cache, uninstalled and reinstalled project (Project 2007 collaborate functions don't work if IE doesn't work) and it still gets stuck loading grid. Using IE7 or Project 2007 in the resource center we get the error "AddResBtn is null or not an object".
We followed the directions at http://technet2.microsoft.com/Office/en-us/library/b782f9a5-054b-486b-b20b-52148466f0611033.mspx?mfr=true
reinstalled the ActiveX controls manually but that didn't help either.
There is nothing on the MicroSoft WebSite about this problem.
If anyone has solved this please post the solution.
Thanks.

A Womand Told Me
http://www.awomantoldme.com

Mary

Sep 21, 2009, 2:54:00 PM9/21/09
Hi Gary (Mr. NY)- Nice to meet Dale and you at the Project Conference, looking forward to adding to my collection of your books!

I also had this issue (Task Updates) after installing SP2 and the April 09 patch. As a temporary resolution, our PMs go to other Launch Pad functions - then go back to Task Updates and the refresh has occurred. We contacted Microsoft support (mid-Sept 09) and they indicated it was a known issue (a single project schedule may have resources assigned at a summary level). Microsoft is working on a Hot Fix, which should be posted on Brian Smith's blog soon.

Posted as a reply to:

Project Server 2007 Loading Grid Problem

WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3d49fa0d-a120-4977-842a-6dafb17b6d74/wcf-workflow-services-usi.aspx

islamahmad

Nov 1, 2009, 11:41:19 AM11/1/09
Dear All,
I had the same problem, The loading grid msg was kept there for ever,
I am using IE8, so this is what i did,
1) I uninstalled the MS Project 07 profissional fully.
2) I went to tools/manage add-ons in the Internet explorer 8.
3) i choose the Downloaded controls Option from the Show: drop down menu on the left.
4) Then under Microsoft Corporation label on the right repeat the following for PjAdoInfo4 Class and PJ2enuC Class.
a) Highlight the class name
b) Click More Info
c) Click the remove button
Note: Do not worry if this asked you to send a report to Microsoft or even closed the browser.
Next time you start ie 8 choose start new session not the previous session.
5) before doing anything yo need to go and restore all your IE security settings to the default.
6) make sure after the restore you still have internet on your machine, if yes continue, if not ask your administrator to solve it with the appropriate security settings if you have a filter or proxy.
7) access your http://127.0.0.1/PWA server
Access Project Center for Example, This will ask you to install the Active X control again to your browser and work fine.
8) now reinstall the Project Profissional on your machine to be able to edit on project plans localy.
Note: I've tried the options mentioned previously in the other notes submitted and it did not work, only these steps worked in this order, hope it works with you. :-)
regards
islam

Mary wrote:

Project Server - Loading Data Grid Hanging Up
21-Sep-09

Hi Gary (Mr. NY)- Nice to meet Dale and you at the Project Conference, looking forward to adding to my collection of your books!

I also had this issue (Task Updates) after installing SP2 and the April 09 patch. As a temporary resolution, our PMs go to other Launch Pad functions - then go back to Task Updates and the refresh has occurred. We contacted Microsoft support (mid-Sept 09) and they indicated it was a known issue (a single project schedule may have resources assigned at a summary level). Microsoft is working on a Hot Fix, which should be posted on Brian Smith's blog soon.

Posted as a reply to:

Project Server 2007 Loading Grid Problem

We are also having this problem. We've shut off all security, add-ins, cleaned cache, uninstalled and reinstalled project (Project 2007 collaborate functions do not work if IE does not work) and it still gets stuck loading grid. Using IE7 or Project 2007 in the resource center we get the error "AddResBtn is null or not an object".

reinstalled the ActiveX controls manually but that did not help either.

There is nothing on the MicroSoft WebSite about this problem.
If anyone has solved this please post the solution.
Thanks.

WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3d49fa0d-a120-4977-842a-6dafb17b6d74/wcf-workflow-services-usi.aspx

On Friday, April 27, 2007 10:14 AM
msaid wrote:

Project Server 2007 Loading Grid Problem

When accessing the Project Center in PS 2007, and after downloading active X,
I get a screen "Loading Grid..." and it does not display anything. I tried
cleaning cache and re-installing active x with no luck. Active x is enabled
in IE. Any Idea on how to resolve this in XP Sp2 w/IE 6? Thx.
--
msaidy

On Monday, April 30, 2007 3:54 AM
NZProject wrote:

RE: Project Server 2007 Loading Grid Problem

Try adding the PWA url to trusted sites in IE.

"msaidy" wrote:

On Wednesday, May 02, 2007 11:01 AM
msaid wrote:

I checked, it is added, but still have this problem.
I checked, it is added, but still have this problem.
--
msaidy

"NZ Projects" wrote:

On Wednesday, May 02, 2007 10:25 PM

Gary L. Chefetz [MVP] wrote:

Set the trusted sites security level to lowUnder custom level, make sure that

Set the trusted sites security level to low
Under custom level, make sure that access across domains is enabled and that
you allow unsigned activeX objects

If those don't work, then:

Make sure the client workstation has the latest version of MDAC
Make sure that the client doesn't have firewall settings that could block it

If that doesn't work then:

Tell us what browser add-ins you have installed
What Anti virus program are you using?

--

Gary L. Chefetz, MVP
MSProjectExperts
For Project Server Consulting: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
For Project Server FAQS: http://www.projectserverexperts.com

"msaidy" <msa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Friday, May 04, 2007 11:22 AM
msaid wrote:

Hi Gary - Thank you for responding.
Hi Gary -

Thank you for responding. I have two of your Project books and they are
great.

I did all of the below and I still have the loading grid problem. Any other
thoughts or ideas?

I have the trusted sites security level set to low
I have access across domains set to enabled
I have unsigned activex objects set to alllow
I have MDAC 2.8 sp1
I have the client firewall not enabled

I have turned off all browser (IE 6) add-ins
I am using Symnatic Anti Virus v10

--
Thank you
msaidy

"Gary L. Chefetz [MVP]" wrote:

On Monday, May 07, 2007 3:47 PM

Gary L. Chefetz [MVP] wrote:

sometimes turning off browser add-ins isn't enough, at time they need to be
sometimes turning off browser add-ins isn't enough, at time they need to be
deinstalled. Norton has definitely been implicated in this type of behavior
for 2002, 2003, and 2007.

--

Gary L. Chefetz, MVP
MSProjectExperts
For Project Server Consulting: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
For Project Server FAQS: http://www.projectserverexperts.com

"msaidy" <msa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Thursday, June 14, 2007 11:48 AM
Dmitri wrote:

We also have the same problem...
We also have the same problem... When one of my associates tries to load
Project or Resource center, they only get the "Loading grid..." message. The
strange thing is that it didn't even ask him to download any ActiveX
controls. He is running IE7 and has Project 2007 client installed. When I
tried it on my computer it asked me to download ActiveX which took 5sec and
then it worked fine. Has anyone had any similar problems and has a solution
for this? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Dmitriy

"Gary L. Chefetz [MVP]" wrote:

On Tuesday, October 09, 2007 11:43 AM
Jim Sloey wrote:

Project Server 2007 Loading Grid Problem
We are also having this problem. We've shut off all security, add-ins, cleaned cache, uninstalled and reinstalled project (Project 2007 collaborate functions don't work if IE doesn't work) and it still gets stuck loading grid. Using IE7 or Project 2007 in the resource center we get the error "AddResBtn is null or not an object".
We followed the directions at http://technet2.microsoft.com/Office/en-us/library/b782f9a5-054b-486b-b20b-52148466f0611033.mspx?mfr=true
reinstalled the ActiveX controls manually but that didn't help either.
There is nothing on the MicroSoft WebSite about this problem.
If anyone has solved this please post the solution.
Thanks.

On Monday, September 21, 2009 2:54 PM
Mary wrote:

[...]

Working with Client Side Xml Data Islands from Server-Side ASP.NET code
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/23406c33-76e4-4bde-b8a9-e41f967e573b/working-with-client-side.aspx

barbgehling

Nov 13, 2009, 11:52:35 AM11/13/09
Hi Islam,
Thank you for the information. I have IE6 and cannot find the option to delete the addons. Do you happen to know where they are located for a different internet explorer? I tried to disable them however I'm still having the same problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Barb

Islam Ahmad wrote:

I had the same problem and solved it
01-Nov-09

[...]

Run the command or application in the Security context of specified user
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/1282dcc7-c0a0-4601-87e2-cd97ef257c99/run-the-command-or-applic.aspx