What is the XML spec for importing into Microsoft Project?

montek

Mar 11, 2010, 7:41:25 AM3/11/10
From our existing, internal tracking system I would like to create an
XML export that I can then bring into Microsoft Project 2007 to
further display and manipulation. I've been unable to find a
straightforward explanation of how the XML should look for this kind
of import. I want to be able to create dependencies, assign resources,
etc. The Excel/CSV imports don't appear to offer all these
capabilities so I think XML is the better way...if I could just get a
spec for it.

I've attempted to reverse engineer it, but it's difficult to determine
what all the nodes are for. Even a simple project has an extreme
amount of nodes that are unclear to me.

Jack Dahlgren MVP

Mar 11, 2010, 12:36:13 PM3/11/10
Try this: