another type of crash

Deb Kney

May 10, 2002, 4:01:11 PM5/10/02
Not sure if this helps with Producer crashing, but I had
trouble with it for a few weeks and finally found the
culprit. It works great now ... here is what I found:

OS is windows 2000. pentium IV 1.6 with 512 or rdram and
TONS of hard drive space (70 gig ATA on 2 HDs).

Whenever I created a producer project and tried to import
sound, the program would simply disappear! I went to my
control panel and looked at system performance under
system monitor. I found system that my cpu peaked to over
100 whenever this happened. I looked at my event viewer
log and traced a program that was being referenced and
getting and error message.

The program was a DVD player called Cinetray. I
uninstalled it and that solved the problem.

Not sure if you can check on stuff the same way with
windows XP ... but if you can, look in your event viewer
under application log and see if any programs are causing
error messages. If yes, try to disable them and see if
producer works.

It's a cool program once you can get it to work! ... That
was the frustrating part ... MS support was helpful, but I
ended up doing the digging for a solution myself. Hope you
can, too!

deb