Can't save Powerpoint file with "Active insert or Linked Objects"

John Pettit

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00

I inserted some VB objects into a presentation and when saving it I received
the following error - "There is an active inserted or linked object that
can't be saved automatically. Please close the object first". I'm not sure
how to identify which object it has a problem with. Thanks.

John

Shyam Pillai

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00

John,
The message is quite self explanatory. It's quite probable that you have
activated an object which you inserted and then haven't saved/closed/updated
it before returning to PowerPoint and Saving your presentation, the object
remains active hence can't be saved.

Make sure all the objects you've activated are closed.
--
Regards
Shyam Pillai

http://officetips.homepage.com

Please reply in newsgroup - No email replies .

"John Pettit" <jpe...@adaptik.com> wrote in message