Animation Schemes not selectable

John

Nov 3, 2003, 3:53:10 PM11/3/03
I am using Powerpoint 2002 (XP). I used to be able to
select the advanced animation schemes available for
POwerpoint. However, now that I have updated Powerpoint
with the latest upgrades (security, etc), I am unable to
use these animation schemes - I have reveted to the old
animation schemes present in Powerpoint 2000.

Appreciate any help in correcting this problem.

Sonia

Nov 3, 2003, 5:04:28 PM11/3/03
Since Animation Schemes were introduced in PowerPoint 2002 and are not
available in PowerPoint 2000, I'm wondering if you're referring to something
else? Could you describe what you mean?
--
Sonia, MS PowerPoint MVP Team
Autorun CD software, templates, and tutorials

"John" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

anon...@discussions.microsoft.com

Nov 3, 2003, 5:41:19 PM11/3/03
Thank you for replying.

I will try to describe the problem as best as I can. I use
Powerpoint 2002, but I am unable to access the advanced
animation schemes. That is, the animation items like
subtle schemes, moderate schemes, etc. are not available
for use. I can see these schemes, but they are not
selectable from the window that appears to the right of
the main working screen. Neither can I access any of these
advanced schemes from "Slide Show - Custom Animation."
Before the patch update, I was able to access these
schemes.

While downloading the patch, I had to cancel the install
halfway because I did not have the Office disk available
to complete it at that time. I have now compelted the
install of the security patch. However the problem started
after the aborted install. Don't know if this is the cause
of the problem.

>.

Sonia

Nov 3, 2003, 6:00:44 PM11/3/03
I think I would uninstall Office and reinstall it. It sounds like you might
have clobbered yourself with an aborted install of a security patch. You
might first run Detect and Repair to see if that does the trick.

--
Sonia, MS PowerPoint MVP Team
Autorun CD software, templates, and tutorials
http://www.soniacoleman.com/

<anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

John Langhans [MSFT]

Nov 3, 2003, 7:30:51 PM11/3/03
Hi John,

I don't know how patching would have done it, but it sounds like it
inadvertently turned off the new animation features.

To turn them back on:

1) Tools -> Options
2) Switch to "Edit" tab of dialog
3) Uncheck "New animation effects" under the "Disable new features" section
at bottom of dialog.
4) Click "OK"

John Langhans

Supportability Program Manager
Microsoft Office PowerPoint for Windows
Microsoft Office Picture Manager for Windows

Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

Sonia

Nov 3, 2003, 7:49:34 PM11/3/03
Oh, of course! That didn't spring to my pea brain. Thanks for the rescue.

""John Langhans [MSFT]"" <joh...@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

John

Nov 4, 2003, 9:45:21 AM11/4/03
Thank you very much - the animation scheme is now on.