Re: table of contents

TAJ Simmons

Feb 7, 2005, 2:19:47 PM2/7/05
Bonnie,

I'm going to assume you are using powerpoint 2002 (aka xp) or 2003

view menu
slide sorter
select the slides that you want in the TOC (as powerpoint will use their
"title" to make the TOC from)
on the "slide sorter" toolbar, 3rd icon along is the "summary slide"
clicking it will make a slide automatically

Cheers
TAJ Simmons
microsoft powerpoint mvp

awesome - powerpoint backgrounds,
http://www.powerpointbackgrounds.com
free powerpoint templates, tutorials, hints and tips etc

"Bonnie" <Bon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I create a TOC in PowerPoint

Bonnie

Feb 7, 2005, 2:35:05 PM2/7/05
When I do that my summary slide button does not work. Any suggestions?

Sonia

Feb 7, 2005, 2:43:43 PM2/7/05
Press Ctrl + A and that will select all of your slides. If you only want to
select a few, hold down the CTRL button and then mouse click on the ones you
want. Selected slides will have a gray border.
--

Sonia Coleman
Microsoft PowerPoint MVP Team

"Bonnie" <Bon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Bill Dilworth

Feb 7, 2005, 4:54:42 PM2/7/05
In slide sorter view, if you have a slide selected that does not have a
Title placeholder, then the summary slide button will become grayed out.

Each slide selected for the summary slide must have a title placeholder
(even if it contains no text). If you add your slides one at a time (by
holding the Ctl while clicking each slide miniature), you will soon discover
which one(s) are causing the problem. You can then change the problem
slides' layout to any layout that includes a title (all but the blank
layout).

--

Bill Dilworth
Microsoft PPT MVP Team