Embedded Video

Alphacenturi

Aug 22, 2009, 4:03:01 PM8/22/09
Hello,

I have to prepare presentations for a Charity and to make them more
interesting wanted toembed some short video clips. I managed to do this
successfully and was linked to the video file either on the desktop or on the
root of the C drive. However, if I try to put the presentation on a CD, it
doesnt seem to matter what I do it ends up with the video not playing and
whilst I know it I related to the location of the video whatever I do I
cannot get it working.

Ideally I would like to "export" the whole thing into a powerpoint
presentation that I can give to people to view through powerpoint viewer.

Any help very much apprecaited.

Life is for living, laughing and loving, let''''s do em all!

Michael Koerner

Aug 22, 2009, 4:55:28 PM8/22/09
Put all your videos into the same folder as your presentation before you
inert them into the presentation. Then use the packaged for CD copy to
folder option to include the viewer, and then copy all files to your CD and
you should be just fine.

Good idea to mention the version of PowerPoint your using. Here are a couple
of references you might want to look at also.
Make an AutoRun CD
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00037.htm

Test an AutoRun CD
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00209.htm

--
Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

"Alphacenturi" <Alphac...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Alphacenturi

Aug 23, 2009, 5:38:01 AM8/23/09
Hello, thanks for the swift response and yes, I did forget to mention it is
PP 2003, sorry.

I had tried the "package for CD " option but that had not worked, however,
will work thru all your suggestions and if you dont mind will get back to you
with results. Thanks again

Lisa
--

Life is for living, laughing and loving, let''''s do em all!

Michael Koerner

Aug 23, 2009, 7:57:21 AM8/23/09
Look forward to hear your success story ;-o))

--
Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

"Alphacenturi" <Alphac...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

ciciamy

Aug 23, 2009, 9:39:45 PM8/23/09
Embedding media into PowerPoint does not mean that the media has
become part of your PowerPoint presentation; all three media options
are really just ways to visualize the hyperlinked media file.
In order to fully save your PowerPoint and play it without any
trouble, you must have both the PowerPoint presentation and media
(audio, video or animation) files on your flash drive. When deciding
to embed media into PowerPoint, consider creating a folder into which
you save your PowerPoint presentation as well as your media files, and
copy the whole folder to your flash drive.

The best way to solve your problems to convert your PowerPoint
presentation to video with a third-party tool, then you will have no
worries about the trouble, according to my experience, PPT to video
is a comparatively professional converting tool , just check it out
below:
http://www.ppt-to-dvd.com/ppt-to-video-overview.html#149 After you
convert your PowerPoint to videos, then you can easily take it with
mobile devices, such as flash drive, iPod.....you can also put it on
the video-sharing websites, just enjoy it, good luck!

charlene qu

Aug 26, 2009, 10:29:32 PM8/26/09
On Aug 23, 4:03 am, Alphacenturi

you need to embed the video to your powerpoint. please follow the
steps:

For PowerPoint 2007:
Click Insert and Movie and then browse your target folder to import
the downloaded video.
Click Movie from File
Now choose the video which you want to emb into your PowerPoint
Notice: The movie files that can be embeded into PowerPoint must be
asf, avi, mpeg, or wmv. So make sure you have taken the right video
format during the first step.

For PowerPoint2003:
1. On the Insert menu, point to Movies and Sounds, and then click
Movie from File
2. Click the video you want to use and then click OK.
3. After you click OK, you’re prompted with a message asking how you
want the movie to start in the slide show.
Recommend choosing Automatically even if you want the movie to play
when clicked – I’ll talk about how to set this part too. (If you
choose When Clicked, you have to click the black box to start the
movie. Because I don’t like to show the black box on the slide, I do
this a little differently.)
4. Right-click the movie object (the small rectangle) and on the
shortcut menu, click Edit Movie Object.
5. The Movie Options dialog box appears. select what you want, and
then click OK.

for more details, please visit http://acoolsoft.com/knowledges/embed-youtube-powerpoint.html#176

Lucy Thomson

Aug 27, 2009, 12:18:59 AM8/27/09
Hi Charlene

You have to be very careful of using the word 'embed'. The implication is
that the video will be stored within the PowerPoint file and that's not the
case - video files are never embedded within a PowerPoint file, they are
always linked.

Lucy

--
Lucy Thomson
PowerPoint MVP

"charlene qu" <charle...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Dwightgenius

Aug 27, 2009, 5:23:13 AM8/27/09
Method I:
Put the video and the powerpoint in the same file folder,and then
insert the video to the powerpoint slideshow from the file folder,at
last,burn all the file folder to CD.
Tips:
1. This is the easiest way to insert a video.
2. When playing the video that is inserted in this way in the
PowerPoint, it only shows the video picture, and only has two control
3. Only video in formats of AVI, MPEG and WMV can be inserted in this
way
4. Always put the movie in the same folder as your PowerPoint
presentation.If you later move the PowerPoint presentation to another
computer, copy the movie too. Keeping your movie in the same folder as
your presentation ensures the link will still work. However, you
should always test the movie on a new machine just to be certain. Re-
insert the movie, if necessary.
Method II:Burn your powerpoint slideshow to DVD with Moyea PowerPoint
to DVD Burner Pro (http://www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com/ppt_to_dvd/ ),then
you can easily play it with a DVD-player TV,no computer will be
needed!

t-4-2

Aug 27, 2009, 3:31:37 PM8/27/09
Don't waste your time, Lucy.
Charlene is a spammer. She has no idea what she was talking about. The fact
that she gave a link to YouTube -PPT proves that.
She probably thinks that all videos come from YouTube.
Nothing is more stupid than to say, quote "If you later send the PowerPoint
presentation to other person, send the YouTube video too. Keeping the
YouTube video in the same folder as the presentation ensures the link will
still work on other computers. Re-insert the video, if necessary." She does
not know what is " link " and what is " embed ".

t-4-2

"Lucy Thomson" <lu...@NOSPAManeasiertomorrow.com.au> wrote in message

> 3. After you click OK, you�re prompted with a message asking how you

> want the movie to start in the slide show.
> Recommend choosing Automatically even if you want the movie to play

> when clicked � I�ll talk about how to set this part too. (If you

> choose When Clicked, you have to click the black box to start the

> movie. Because I don�t like to show the black box on the slide, I do

Alphacenturi

Aug 27, 2009, 5:50:01 PM8/27/09
Hello Michael,

apologies for taking so long to get back on this but have been a bit bizzie
with 16 kids from Chernobyl for the past few weeks! ;o) all gone home now so
can concentrate on this a bit more. I am sorry, but on doing al ittle more
reading |I think I have not described the problem fully. I could see that
theproblem was linked to the "path" of the file i.e. it sits on the root of C
or in the folder with the PP |PResentation and of coruse, once moved to CD
that path is invalid. I think I may have failed to give you the full
information because the video file I am playing is in fact playing in Windows
Media Player within the presentation.

Maybe therei s no answer to this as once the data is burned to CD there is
no way of changing the path, I guess I could try changing it just before
burning the CD?Do you think this would work? or would you suggest an
alternative method of putting the video clip in the presentation? It is an
Mpeg file

look forward to hearing your thoughts

bestest

Lisa

Life is for living, laughing and loving, let''''s do em all!

Michael Koerner

Aug 28, 2009, 10:19:58 AM8/28/09
Your going to have to do everything before you burn to your CD. When you
burn everything to the CD put it in the root directory of the CD and not a
folder.