Narration does not play with PowerPoint web page

JShore

Oct 18, 2006, 1:57:01 PM10/18/06
I have a PowerPoint presentation that was created with narration. I want to
post it on a web server; however, when I convert it to a web page (html) the
narration does not play.

Michael Koerner

Oct 18, 2006, 5:00:10 PM10/18/06
What type of narration files are you using?

--
Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

"JShore" <JSh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Lazz04

Nov 6, 2006, 8:58:02 PM11/6/06
I am having the same issue with Narration not playing when converting to web
page. I have changed web options to play animations, but that did not help.

I am using slide show-->record narration.

I really want to post student work on a website, and would need the
narration to work for the PPT's.

Thanks
Helen

Michael Koerner

Nov 7, 2006, 8:56:58 AM11/7/06
Narrations work fine when presentation published as a web page Here is an on
line example http://www.oldfco.ca/tutorial/pptohtml.html Tell us how you are
inserting your narration files.

--
Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

"Lazz04" <Laz...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Lazz04

Nov 7, 2006, 9:37:02 AM11/7/06
We use Slide Show-->Start Narration, set the audio to CD quality, record the
narration, play automatically through Custom animations.

Then we do rehearst timings.

When we conver the ppt to web pages, the narration does not play.

Helen

Michael Koerner

Nov 7, 2006, 10:32:48 AM11/7/06
But what are you attaching your sound to? If you visited the example link I
sent. all the voice over sounds are attached to the various paragraphs in
the presentation.

--
Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

"Lazz04" <Laz...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Lazz04

Nov 7, 2006, 12:52:01 PM11/7/06
We are attaching the narration to each slide the same as your presentation.
We do not have music in the one I'm testing with, but your example helps me
there.

Michael Koerner

Nov 7, 2006, 1:30:50 PM11/7/06
My narrations are not attached to a slide, they are attached to a text
boxes. To do that just click on the text box, select Custom animation,
effects, and point to your wave file under the sound option

--
Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

"Lazz04" <Laz...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Lazz04

Nov 11, 2006, 1:59:02 PM11/11/06
Thank you- attaching the sound to the text box using effects options works.

Helen

Michael Koerner

Nov 11, 2006, 2:29:50 PM11/11/06
I am very happy to hear that it now works for you. Thanks for getting back
to us.

--
Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

"Lazz04" <Laz...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Lazz04

Nov 11, 2006, 2:56:01 PM11/11/06
Now the next question:
How do I attach music to play across all the slides?

Michael Koerner

Nov 11, 2006, 3:03:12 PM11/11/06
That takes a little more work. If you still have the link to the tutorial,
It gives you a step by step, and also allows you to download the required
text changes to the appropriate files

--
Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

"Lazz04" <Laz...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Lazz04

Nov 11, 2006, 3:18:01 PM11/11/06
I see that I need to change the source code on the web page to play the .wav
file as BGSOURCE. That should do it for me. Thanks.

Michael Koerner

Nov 11, 2006, 7:46:58 PM11/11/06
Let us know how you make out.