Good PDA with Bluetooth

justme

Mar 29, 2006, 10:55:47 PM3/29/06
I need a good PDA that support bluetooth.

Recommendations?

thanks

chaz

RobR

Mar 29, 2006, 11:05:35 PM3/29/06
How about just a BIT more info? They pretty much ALL have BT these
days. Price range? What will you be using it for? Screen size and
resolution?
WiFi? GPS?

"justme" <cha...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

justme

Mar 29, 2006, 11:29:32 PM3/29/06
Well, something along the line of the dell axim x51v, but with BT
that........well..............WORKS.

thanks

Werner Ruotsalainen [MS MVP - Mobile Devices]

Mar 30, 2006, 8:12:53 AM3/30/06
Just have a look at our latest BT hacks at
http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=114983 :)

Yeah, we've made BT work in the x51v as it's supposed to - my friends are
just playing some multiplayer games over BT PAN (which would otherwise be
impossible with the MS BT stack).

--
Werner Ruotsalainen - Microsoft MVP - Windows - Mobile Devices
Please see my blog at http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3 -

Werner Ruotsalainen [MS MVP - Mobile Devices]

Mar 30, 2006, 8:14:11 AM3/30/06
There're virtually no PDA models out there that I woulnd't recommend...
prolly only the Dell Axim x50 series and some low-end models.

Just compile a list of the PDA's that you want to choose from so that we can
point out the potential pitfalls they have.

--
Werner Ruotsalainen - Microsoft MVP - Windows - Mobile Devices
Please see my blog at http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3 -
you will definitely like it.

chaz

Mar 30, 2006, 10:24:50 AM3/30/06
Is there a download to install? That thread seems to discuss lots of things
but I didnt see what you refer to.

Once installed do I have to do anything else?

"Werner Ruotsalainen [MS MVP - Mobile Devices]" <he...@and.there> wrote in
message news:uVRPpu$UGHA...@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

Werner Ruotsalainen [MS MVP - Mobile Devices]

Mar 30, 2006, 10:46:22 AM3/30/06
The BT stack hack is still evolving. However, the one at the end of my first
post is worth trying (along with the DUN patch). Please follow the
instructions in BroadcommX51V02\Install.txt.

--
Werner Ruotsalainen - Microsoft MVP - Windows - Mobile Devices
Please see my blog at http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3 -
you will definitely like it.

"chaz" <cha...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

chaz

Mar 30, 2006, 4:04:17 PM3/30/06
If I could get someone to help me installing it I would try it. But im not
sure I understand all the instructions. Which sucks.

"Werner Ruotsalainen [MS MVP - Mobile Devices]" <he...@and.there> wrote in

message news:eT6aaEBV...@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

Werner Ruotsalainen (MS MVP-Mobile Devices)

Mar 30, 2006, 4:56:48 PM3/30/06
There surely will be subsequent versions in the very near future (some
days). Hopefully with an enhanced guide.

r_z_...@pen_fact.com

Mar 30, 2006, 6:20:46 PM3/30/06
On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:14:11 +0200, "Werner Ruotsalainen [MS MVP -
Mobile Devices]" <he...@and.there> wrote:

>There're virtually no PDA models out there that I woulnd't recommend...
>prolly only the Dell Axim x50 series and some low-end models.

I'm very happy with my x50, including its support for Bluetooth. Why
is it in your short list of not recommended?

>Just compile a list of the PDA's that you want to choose from so that we can
>point out the potential pitfalls they have.

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 478
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com

Werner Ruotsalainen [MS MVP - Mobile Devices]

Mar 31, 2006, 1:08:36 AM3/31/06
Because it's discontinued and will probably never receive a really good and
usable WM5 upgrade. Its price isn't considerably lower (on the second-hand
market) than those of the newer, x51 series and is, in general, considerably
higher than the x30 series. (The latter is a very good choice IMHO.)

--

<r_z_aret@pen_fact.com> wrote in message

Werner Ruotsalainen [MS MVP - Mobile Devices]

Mar 31, 2006, 1:28:21 AM3/31/06
BTW, I've just found a related AximSite thread:
http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=122243

--

message news:eGlOOmIV...@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...