AT&T Tilt or TyTN II can not play MP4s.

瀏覽次數:1 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Roger 2008

未讀,
2009年5月3日 清晨6:59:592009/5/3
收件者:
I have used zamzar.com to convert youtube videos into MP4s and recently
found out that those MP4s will not play on a TyTN II or an AT&T Tilt. The
error message that shows up is: " Cannot play the file."

Out of all the HTC devices I've been able to work with the Tilt and TyTN II
are the only HTC devices I know of that have a problem with MP4s.

If I use zamzar.com to convert to a WMV the WMV will play fine on a laptop
but it doesn't do anything on a PPC.

Does anybody know a website that converts youtube videos into a WMV that can
be played on a PPC?

TIA

Todd Allcock

未讀,
2009年5月3日 下午3:17:492009/5/3
收件者:

Nice find with Zamzar, BTW.

I tried a few of it's conversions- the .wmv files are in "WMV1" format-
an old WMV format used back in WMP7. Apparently WMP10 Mobile on newer
devices no longer supports it. I tried syncing it from WMP11 on my PC to
my Tilt and got an conversion error- apparently WMP11 doesn't support it
fully either (but it plays it!) Zamzar's .3gp output played fine on my
Tilt in WMP however.

WinMo doesn't support anything but WMV natively- support for .mp4, .3gp,
etc. is added by the OEM, typically to support playback of videos created
by the OEM's camcorder app.

Two options to solve your problems off the top of my head: first,
Coreplayer ($30) for WinMo handles just about any format tossed at it,
including mp4, avi, YouTube .flv, and these WMV1 files. It even has a
special "TyTn II video" mode to use the hardware accelerator built-in to
the TyTn-II that HTC didn't support natively in the OS. I've played
videos up to 800kpbs without skipping on it, which drop frames in any
other playback mode.

A free solution would be to handle conversion yourself on your PC- the
SUPER encoder available here:
http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html,
converts just about anything to anything else, and pretty quickly. I
dumb everything down to wmv9 simple profile, and the resulting one wmv
file wil effortlessly play on all of my WinMo devices (WM2003 and up-
2002 needs WMV8), my Zunes, and my off-brand WMV players- everything
except my wife's iPhone, which requires mp4.

Roger 2008

未讀,
2009年5月4日 上午10:14:382009/5/4
收件者:

"Todd Allcock" <elecc...@AmericaOnLine.com> wrote in message

Thanks for the input.

I like your idea of converting to 3gp the best because I don't know if
Coreplayer supports AVRCP and I've tried converting files before and they
don't always playback very smooth.

Todd Allcock

未讀,
2009年5月5日 上午11:40:202009/5/5
收件者:

"Roger 2008" <rw...@att.net> wrote in message

Yeah, I find not all conversion software is created equal. SUPER does well
for mobile device stuff like .wmp or .mp4, but I find the DVD videos it
creates to be a little sub-par (but I may not have the myriad of settings
set properly.)

Handbrake is an excellent program if you want to create .mp4s. I use it to
convert video for my wife's iPhone, and SUPER for my .wmvs that everything
else I own will play.

The best quality converter I've ever used was TMPGEnc- that created
fantastic video, even for DVD, (DVD requires the paid version- I didn't pay
for it after the 30-day trial, since most of my conversions are for mobile
devices) I use TMPGEnc to make .avis when quality is mission critical, but
it's the slowest converter I have, presumably because higher quality takes
longer!

0 則新訊息