Calling .net CF exe in Mobile through web page

shakthi

Jan 29, 2008, 6:12:48 AM1/29/08
Hi All,
I have created a CAB file for my .net Compact freamwork application
and installed in the mobile and I want to call my .net CF application
( which showing as exe file in Mobile) from a web page or html page.
Could any one please tell me how can I do it.

Thanks in advance,
Aruna

<ctacke/>

Jan 29, 2008, 6:36:57 AM1/29/08
You would have to write a C++ COM component.

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting

"shakthi" <aruna...@gmail.com> wrote in message

shakthi

Jan 29, 2008, 6:54:01 AM1/29/08
On Jan 29, 12:36 pm, "<ctacke/>" <ctacke[at]opennetcf[dot]com> wrote:
> You would have to write a C++ COM component.
>
> --
>
> Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
> OpenNETCF Consulting
> Giving back to the embedded communityhttp://community.OpenNETCF.com
>
> "shakthi" <arunagu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi All,
> > I have created a CAB file for my .net Compact freamwork application
> > and installed in the mobile and I want to call my .net CF application
> > ( which showing as exe file in Mobile) from a web page or html page.
> > Could any one please tell me how can I do it.
>
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Aruna

Isn't it possible to use c# activeX control. or some other language.

<ctacke/>

Jan 29, 2008, 8:57:11 AM1/29/08
No. Since the CF has no hosting, you cannot create managed COM components.
If you could, I would have said so. It must be written in C++ (and it must
implement IObjectSafety as well).

--

Chris Tacke, eMVP
Join the Embedded Developer Community
http://community.opennetcf.com

"shakthi" <aruna...@gmail.com> wrote in message

shakthi

Jan 29, 2008, 9:29:29 AM1/29/08
On Jan 29, 2:57 pm, "<ctacke/>" <ctacke[at]opennetcf[dot]com> wrote:
> No. Since the CF has no hosting, you cannot create managed COM components.
> If you could, I would have said so. It must be written in C++ (and it must
> implement IObjectSafety as well).
>
> --
>
> Chris Tacke, eMVP
> Join the Embedded Developer Communityhttp://community.opennetcf.com
>
> "shakthi" <arunagu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Jan 29, 12:36 pm, "<ctacke/>" <ctacke[at]opennetcf[dot]com> wrote:
> >> You would have to write a C++ COM component.
>
> >> --
>
> >> Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
> >> OpenNETCF Consulting
> >> Giving back to the embedded communityhttp://community.OpenNETCF.com
>
> >> "shakthi" <arunagu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Isn't it possible to use c# activeX control. or some other language.

Hi
thank you ver much for your reply. I have another small doubt, is it
possible to have third party COM components which do the same thing,
do have any idea about them.
If we have, how can I integrate that with my web page.

thanks,
Aruna

<ctacke/>

Jan 29, 2008, 9:48:57 AM1/29/08
Sure, but those components must be written in C++ and they must be compiled
for Windows CE. "Integration" is the same as for any COM object being
called from a web page. THe control must be on the target and registered
and then the page creates it.

--

Chris Tacke, eMVP

Join the Embedded Developer Community
http://community.opennetcf.com

"shakthi" <aruna...@gmail.com> wrote in message

shakthi

Jan 29, 2008, 10:31:33 AM1/29/08
On Jan 29, 3:48 pm, "<ctacke/>" <ctacke[at]opennetcf[dot]com> wrote:
> Sure, but those components must be written in C++ and they must be compiled
> for Windows CE. "Integration" is the same as for any COM object being
> called from a web page. THe control must be on the target and registered
> and then the page creates it.
>
> --
>
> Chris Tacke, eMVP

Chris Tacke,

thank you very much and I will check for them.

shakthi

Jan 30, 2008, 3:58:29 AM1/30/08

I have found AXGate which allows the scripting to access local files.
Is this helpful for me could you please have look.

http://www.newobjects.com/product.asp?Category=69&Story=329

thanks
Aruna