Programmatically create an Inbox Account

stefano...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2005, 9:48:07 AM9/20/05
Hi All,
I have successfully ran the TranportDemo sample application. With that,
the user can create a new Inbox account using my implementation of the
transport. Now I would like to create such account automatically,
without a UI. Is it possible? From the SDK docs it looks like it should
be possible since you can even disable the creation of an account from
the UI. But how can this be done?

Thanks in advance.

Stefano

--
Stefano Fornari - Sync4j Project Manager / Funambol CTO
Home:

Sync4j - The open source SyncML mobile application platform

stefano...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2005, 5:59:36 AM9/21/05

linkki

Sep 21, 2005, 8:23:03 AM9/21/05
How do you get the actual sample program to work? I have tried to get it work
with emulator, but so far no success. I can install the cab and the
transportdemo selection is available as an account type when creating a new
account, but when new account is created it doesn't seem to appear anywhere,
I still only have the old e-mail and text message folders. What i'm doing
wrong?

I am using the mobile 5.0 sdk and pocket pc phone emulator.

stefano...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2005, 10:38:38 AM9/22/05
I haven't tested it yet... but the theory it there.... I am going to
test it now. Stay tuned :)

stefano...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2005, 2:02:45 PM9/22/05
I've got it to work on a device with the following code:

#define ACCOUNT L"<wap-provisioningdoc> \
<characteristic type=\"EMAIL2\"> \
<characteristic
type=\"{D671C70B-8EE3-4881-8045-2AEE6F731B77}\"> \
<parm name=\"SERVICENAME\"
value=\"MySync4j\"/> \
<parm name=\"SERVICETYPE\" value=\"Sync4j\"/>
\
<parm name=\"INSERVER\"
value=\"sync.sync4j.org\"/> \
<parm name=\"OUTSERVER\"
value=\"sync.sync4j.org\"/> \
<parm name=\"AUTHNAME\" value=\"alias\"/> \
<parm name=\"AUTHSECRET\"
value=\"password\"/> \
<parm name=\"DOMAIN\" value=\"oceana\"/>
\
<parm name=\"REPLYADDR\"
value=\"emailAddress\"/> \
</characteristic> \
</characteristic> \
</wap-provisioningdoc>"
[...]

void createAccount() {
WCHAR* account = ACCOUNT;
LPWSTR out = NULL;

HRESULT ret = DMProcessConfigXML(account, CFGFLAG_PROCESS, &out);

Print(L"ret: %lx", ret);
}

HTH
Stefano