Please help! WM5.0 & ACtiveSync Not Working

0 vue

GolferMad

non lue,
2 juil. 2006, 18:48:0102/07/2006
Just some additional info, as I've allowed my broadband connection sharing,
the ip address of my device (viewing through the LAN connection) is
192.168.0.1, which looking at a lot of posting is incorrect.

If I switch sharing off, the device IP becomes 169.254.66.5, but the LAN
connection is showing as Limited or No Connectivity! If I press the Repair
button I get message saying unable to renew IP address.

I've gone through all the setting on my McAfee Personal Firewall e.g. 4
applications have full access and under utilities allowed access to port
26675. Further information is below in earlier posts.

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm starting to get frustrated!

Regards

Brian.

"GolferMad" wrote:

Raj,

Thanks, TCP already ticked (along with Client Network & File & Print
Sharing). Problem I started getting was that the LAN connection became
Limited or No Connectivity (unable to refresh IP address). Managed to get
round this by enabling my broadband connection to be shared e.g. on advanced
tab ticked Internet Connection Sharing. Not sure what will happen if I'm not
connected to the Internet!

But I still have problem that ActiveSync can't find the device, no errors
apart from the default 'check cable is plugged in USB'.

So current situation appears to be LAN connection created OK, but unable to
browse device through explorer or to get it to create a partnership with
Activesync (can't find device on USB).

Beginning to wish I stuck to my old XDA IIi running Mobile 2003!

Any suggestions and help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Brian.

"Raj Pillai" wrote:

Hi Brian,

Check if TCP/IP is enabled under the properties of the Windows Mobile Device
in your Network Connections. After connecting the device, do the following
and check the status -

1. Click Start -> Run and enter

ncpa.cpl

2. Click Ok.

Right click the connection and click Properties.

Regards,
Raj Pillai
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/raj

"GolferMad" <Golf...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi,

I have Orange's SPV M5000 running Mobile 5. My home PC is Windows XP SP2
with McAfee Personal Firewall.

When I connect the M5000, via USB, to my PC a LAN connection is created,
but
Activesync does not recognise the device and am unable to create a
partnership to synchronise.

I followed instruction on Microsoft mobile site to set firewall, but still
no joy.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Regards

Brian.

Dave Wehrle

non lue,
2 juil. 2006, 20:31:0102/07/2006
Some of us have observed that you can only have TCP/IP services, client for
Microsoft Networks, and file and print sharing running on your ethernet
connection if you want your mobile device to connect.

For some reason, my Dell came configured with QoS packet scheduler, NwLink
IPX and NwLink NetBios on. When I turned those off with ActiveSync 4.0, I
was able to make a successful connection.

I am running with only those three services on, the desktop is using DHCP
client, firewall is turned off (I am behind a router using NAT anyway).
Internet sharing is also turned off. No problems!

I.P. address for PPC6700 is 169.254.2.2. I haven't been watching that at
all, so I'm not sure if that changes or not.

Have fun!

Dave

Chris De Herrera

non lue,
3 juil. 2006, 00:15:1903/07/2006
Did you ensure that the firewall is allowing ActiveSync to connect? See
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/activesync/tshoot-as4x-firewall.htm for
information on the firewall configurations. Also, do you have the DHCP
service running? It is required for the PC to receive the IP address from
the PC.

--
Chris De Herrera
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com

ActiveSync 4.x Troubleshooting Guide -
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/activesync/tshoot-as4x.htm

"GolferMad" <Golf...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

GolferMad

non lue,
3 juil. 2006, 04:18:0203/07/2006
Chris,

I followed the firewall instructions, I have McAfee Personal Firewall, and
the 4 applications are allowed 'Full Access'. Also followed instruction on
allowing inbound/outbound port 26675. Still no luck.

You mention DHCP, can you expand where I can check that, am having one of
those blank moments?!

Regards

Brian.

Dave Wehrle

non lue,
3 juil. 2006, 08:57:0103/07/2006
Hey, Brian.

Did you check out that all other services are turned off on your other
connections. Those can cause a conflict.

You can find services in Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> computer
management -> services and applications -> services.

However, there is no longer a DHCP server process in XP pro or home. The
service that handles NAT, DHCP server, etc. is now called Windows
Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing and should be started automatically even
if you are not using the firewall features.

Dave

Chris De Herrera

non lue,
3 juil. 2006, 23:21:2803/07/2006
Actually there IS a DHCP Client that runs in the Services that must be
running in order to sync.

ActiveSync 4.x Troubleshooting Guide -
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/activesync/tshoot-as4x.htm

"Dave Wehrle" <DaveW...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

GolferMad

non lue,
4 juil. 2006, 18:37:0104/07/2006
Aaaahhh....

I'm up to LAN connection 24!

My BT Broadband Connection is set up to allow Internet Connection Sharing.
McAfee Personal firewall has all correct settings (even if I switch firewall
off I have no luck).

When I connect the SPV M5000, LAN Connection is created on PC but with
different IP address each time (ActiveSync can't find device on USB). TCP/IP
is only one ticked on LAN Connection, when I check properties and try to
change it to obtain IP automatically, thus enabling DHCP, my LAN connection
then sets itself to Limited or no connectivity. If I then press Repair I get
IP address can't be renewed!

What am I doing wrong!?!?!

GolferMad

non lue,
4 juil. 2006, 18:38:0204/07/2006
Not sure if it posted correctly, but just in case...

Aaaahhh....

I'm up to LAN connection 24!

My BT Broadband Connection is set up to allow Internet Connection Sharing.
McAfee Personal firewall has all correct settings (even if I switch firewall
off I have no luck).

When I connect the SPV M5000, LAN Connection is created on PC but with
different IP address each time (ActiveSync can't find device on USB). TCP/IP
is only one ticked on LAN Connection, when I check properties and try to
change it to obtain IP automatically, thus enabling DHCP, my LAN connection
then sets itself to Limited or no connectivity. If I then press Repair I get
IP address can't be renewed!

What am I doing wrong!?!?!

Regards

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

non lue,
5 juil. 2006, 16:32:2805/07/2006
Is the DHCP Client service on the PC running? In the case of connecting a
WM device, the *device*, not the PC, not a broadband router, etc. is the
DHCP server.

Paul T.

"GolferMad" <Golf...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0 nouveau message