ARPPRODUCTICON OK for XP not for W2K Add/Remove Programs

Dominique

Jul 3, 2003, 3:55:54 PM7/3/03
Hello,

I use the ARPPRODUCTICON property to set the icon for Add/Remove
Programs.

I added the icon to the Icon Table

It works fine when installing on XP machines.
The desired icon appears next to the product's name in the Add/Remove
Programs on XP.

But it is not the case on Windows 2000.

The icon that displays next to the product's name in the Add/Remove
Programs on windows 2000 is not the one I indicated in the Icon Table,
even though I use the ARPPRODUCTICON property.
The icon that displays on windows 2000 is not even the default
packaging icon; it is another icon (another default/unknown icon).

Orca version: 2.0.26
No error message during validation.
Works fine on XP.
I have the property ALLUSERS = 1

Any help would be appreciated

Dennis Bareis

Jul 3, 2003, 6:51:31 PM7/3/03
On 3 Jul 2003 12:55:54 -0700, con...@contactez.net (Dominique) wrote:

>The icon that displays next to the product's name in the Add/Remove
>Programs on windows 2000 is not the one I indicated in the Icon Table,
>even though I use the ARPPRODUCTICON property.

This is a Windows Installer bug on Windows 2000 which from the sound
of it has been fixed for XP. It will work correctly on WIN2000 if
installed per-machine.

Bye,
Dennis

Dennis Bareis (dba...@KillSpam.labyrinth.net.au)