CA for MSP in silent mode without command line

DGSchneider

Feb 25, 2008, 2:13:19 PM2/25/08
Carolyn Napier has posted an answer with a good example to create a
patch file (msp) that the user can double click on it to install
rather than having to run the command line with the REINSTALL AND
REINSTALLMODE flags.

It works fine and it is easy to implement.

PatchReinstallMode1 51 REINSTALLMODE omus
PatchReinstallList1 51 REINSTALL ALL
PatchPreselected1 51 Preselected 1

My quesiton is how to make it silent without using the /qb options on
the command line?

The goal is to have the user double-click the MSP and not have to
press Next (like a silent mode). I want to bypass the PatchWelcome
that sets Reinstall by click of the Next button.

I use Orca tools for all my setups and packagings.

Thanks you have been very helpful.

Regards,

Please don't send me direct emails, use the newsroom or go to
http://contactez.net/portfolio.html

Adrian Accinelli

Feb 25, 2008, 6:52:55 PM2/25/08

"DGSchneider" <assi...@contactez.net> wrote in message

Just change the condition on your UI dialog entries in the InstallUISequence
to include " AND Not PATCH". This will skip all the dialogs if a patch is
being applied (for first time) regardless of UILEVEL value specified. Put
this change into the patch itself and it will affect the outcome of the
patch installation triggered by the double click.

Sincerely,
Adrian Accinelli

DGSchneider

Feb 26, 2008, 11:29:55 AM2/26/08