RemoveExistingProducts running but not uninstalling

doc

Feb 2, 2008, 2:08:37 AM2/2/08
I've authored a major upgrade and when running the upgrade I see that
ISACTIONPROP1 is being set and that RemoveExistingProducts is actually
kicking off my silent uninstall.

MSI (s) (84:DC) [22:49:32:137]: Doing action: RemoveExistingProducts
Action 22:49:32: RemoveExistingProducts. Removing applications
Action start 22:49:32: RemoveExistingProducts.
RemoveExistingProducts: Application: {CE720737-5700-438C-A61A-
FA367D1E4B10}, Command line: UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE={BDD4961A-3CBC-4F8F-
BC32-A155DE6E73D8} CLIENTUILEVEL=0 REMOVE=ALL

Later in the log I see lots of RemoveFiles and RemoveFolder calls. The
problem I'm having is that the product is not getting uninstalled. I'm
not sure what the problem is.

The only thing I see weird is that somehow the ALLUSERS property did
not get set on our previous release so I'm not upgrading from an
AllMachine install. Is this a problem? Is there a way to change the
install from UserOnly to Machine? I've tried setting the ALLUSERS
property to both 1 and 2 but after the upgrade it's still UserOnly.

Stefan Krueger [MVP]

Feb 4, 2008, 11:34:55 AM2/4/08
You should see log lines marked with (N) coming from the uninstall of the
old version.
You cannot change context during a major upgrade. If ALLUSERS wasn't set to
1 during the install of the old version, it cannot be set in the new
version. The ALLSERS settings must match. By default, InstallShield adds a
SetAllUsers custom action that gets the setting from the old version.

--
Stefan Krueger
Microsoft Windows Installer MVP

Please post your questions in the newsgroup or vist one of these web sites:

Windows Installer FAQ
http://www.msifaq.com - http://www.msifaq.de

InstallSite - Resources for Setup Developers
http://www.installsite.org
http://www.installsite.de (GERMAN)

"doc" <david.d...@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Owen Gilmore

Feb 4, 2008, 4:42:17 PM2/4/08

Look in the Upgrade table and see if the
msidbUpgradeAttributesOnlyDetect bit is set, which would detect but
not remove the older version.
-OG