Runtime Error

harry

Aug 19, 2006, 8:39:01 AM8/19/06
hi, please can someone help me:
My Picture It! Foto 2002 starts, but if I want to open any file I get the
following:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Picture It 2002/pip.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

AppName: pip.exe AppVer: 6.0.829.0 ModName: msvcr80.dll
ModVer: 8.0.50727.42 Offset: 0000461a

my machine: Widows Xp SP 2 with all Updates
I changed the RAM to 1,25 GB and tried to install
PI19299.exe but this patch is for another version of Picture It!

Daphne Foldes

Aug 19, 2006, 9:39:54 AM8/19/06
Hello Mr. Harry

Do you have the Google or Yahoo toolbar installed by any chance?

--
Daphne

harry

Aug 19, 2006, 11:08:02 AM8/19/06
No, I don't have installed any toolbar.

John Inzer

Aug 19, 2006, 11:22:23 AM8/19/06
====================================
The PI19299 patch should work for you. Did
you download it to your desktop and then left
click it to install? Do you receive an error?

(316861) PIP2002: Error Message When
You Start Program
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316861

--

*Notice*
This is not tech support.

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you.

Proceed at your own risk.

John Inzer
Picture It! MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

harry

Aug 19, 2006, 12:37:01 PM8/19/06
Hello Mr. Inzer
I tried again installing the pi19299 patch,
(downloaded it to the desktop and double-left-clicked)
but I've got:
Error:
This Update is for a different version of Picture It!
Setup will be cancelled.

The "Info" of my Picture It! shows:
Microsoft Picture It! Foto (V6.0.829.0)
Copyright 1997-2001 Microsoft

Thanks a lot!

harry

John Inzer

Aug 19, 2006, 3:45:34 PM8/19/06
harry wrote:
> Hello Mr. Inzer
> I tried again installing the pi19299 patch,
> (downloaded it to the desktop and double-left-clicked)
> but I've got:
> Error:
> This Update is for a different version of Picture It!
> Setup will be cancelled.
>
> The "Info" of my Picture It! shows:
> Microsoft Picture It! Foto (V6.0.829.0)
> Copyright 1997-2001 Microsoft
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> harry
==================================
Version 6 is the 2002 version and the patch
is for the 2002 version.

Sorry, but that is the patch for the issue with
too much RAM. I have no idea why you cannot
install it but am not aware of any other fix other
than removing some of your RAM.

My only other thought would be to try and install
it in safe mode.

(315222) A Description of the Safe Mode
Boot Options in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315222

Or...maybe you would like to try the current
60 day trial version.

Microsoft Digital Image Starter Edition 2006
is a downloadable 60 day trial version with
much of the functionality of MS Digital Image
Suite 2006.

Once your 60 day trial period has ended, the
program will de-feature to minimal functionality.

Unlike the retail version...the trial does not
have the ability to create VCDs and does
not support RAW files.

Microsoft Digital Image
Starter Edition 2006
http://tinyurl.com/8x6ea

Be aware that it's a 109 MB download....