Force Drafts Folder Closed?

1 view

Vgolfmaster

Mar 12, 2009, 11:33:08 PM3/12/09

I am running Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP (SP3).

Recently the Drafts folder starts as opened (expanded) whenever I start OE.
It never used to do this, and I am not sure why it is now, but if anyone has
any tricks to getting it to start collapsed when I open OE I would be very
appreciative!

Bruce Hagen

Mar 12, 2009, 11:40:05 PM3/12/09
Expanded in what way? It is not a subfolder.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"Vgolfmaster" <vgolf...@att.net> wrote in message

Vgolfmaster

Mar 13, 2009, 12:27:59 AM3/13/09
Hi Bruce,

Sorry, I should have explained in more detail.

I have created sub folders with the drafts folder. When Outlook Express
opens, it is the drafts folder which is expanded, exposing all of the sub
folders within the drafts parent folder. The 'local folders' is expanded,
which is fine, but it's sub-folder 'drafts' (which also has sub folders) is
what I want to start as 'closed' - so I guess I am asking if there is a
folder specifc attribute to set on the drafts folder, forcing it to stay
closed until it is clicked, as opposed to starting by default as opened.

--

_____________________________

Mark Havey
Vgolf...@att.net
1154 South 9th Street
De Pere, WI 54115
(920) 619-2559 Cell

_____________________________
"Bruce Hagen" <Nos...@mymail.invalid> wrote in message

Bruce Hagen

Mar 13, 2009, 12:38:06 AM3/13/09
Tools | Options | General. Uncheck: Automatically expand folders with unread
messages.

Note: If OE is closed with subfolders expanded, it will open back up with
that view.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express
Imperial Beach, CA

"Vgolfmaster" <vgolf...@att.net> wrote in message

Vgolfmaster

Mar 13, 2009, 12:42:28 AM3/13/09
Thanks! I normally have that unchecked and am not sure how it got selected.
Guess I looked right past the obvious.

Any chance you can assist me in removing/editing the last post I made,
containing the personal info that I forgot to remove (signature....)?

"Bruce Hagen" <Nos...@mymail.invalid> wrote in message

Bruce Hagen

Mar 13, 2009, 12:54:19 AM3/13/09
You're welcome. Sorry, but I can't edit a post. If it's any consolation.
your post will be removed from MSNews in 90 days. Unfortunately, it will
remain in Google archives for a few years at least.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express
Imperial Beach, CA

"Vgolfmaster" <vgolf...@att.net> wrote in message

Vgolfmaster

Mar 13, 2009, 1:20:14 AM3/13/09
Not the answer I hoped for Bruce, but I know it isn't your fault.

I am a little shocked that no one has the ability to edit/delete
inappropriate posts.
I just found a post on one of the jscript newsgroups that had a link posted
to a
very inappropriate web site that was maliciously written. I'm a bit shocked
that
MS has no means of dealing with situation like that, or like mine.

Thanks for the responses though, they are appreciated.

"Bruce Hagen" <Nos...@mymail.invalid> wrote in message

FromTheRafters

Mar 13, 2009, 7:50:52 AM3/13/09

> Not the answer I hoped for Bruce, but I know it isn't your fault.
>
> I am a little shocked that no one has the ability to edit/delete
> inappropriate posts.
> I just found a post on one of the jscript newsgroups that had a link
> posted to a
> very inappropriate web site that was maliciously written. I'm a bit
> shocked that
> MS has no means of dealing with situation like that, or like mine.
>
> Thanks for the responses though, they are appreciated.

Highlight your message (the one you don't want on the server) and go to
the "message" pull-down menu and select "cancel message". If the server
accepts cancellations it will be removed.

As for places that don't accept cancellations - you are out of luck.

Bruce Hagen

Mar 13, 2009, 10:02:43 AM3/13/09

"FromTheRafters" <err...@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message

And MSNews is one of them.

FromTheRafters

Mar 13, 2009, 10:47:03 AM3/13/09
"Bruce Hagen" <Nos...@mymail.invalid> wrote in message

Really? I could have sworn it worked in these groups.

I will cancel this just to see. If it turns up in 'techarena' or
whatever but not the MS servers it means they do support cancellations.

Err...@ne.rr.com

Mar 13, 2009, 11:06:58 AM3/13/09
On Mar 13, 10:47 am, "FromTheRafters" <erra...@nomail.afraid.org>
wrote:

> "Bruce Hagen" <Nos...@mymail.invalid> wrote in message

> > "FromTheRafters" <erra...@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
>
> >> "Vgolfmaster" <vgolfmas...@att.net> wrote in message

> >> Highlight your message (the one you don't want on the server) and go
> >> to the "message" pull-down menu and select "cancel message". If the
> >> server accepts cancellations it will be removed.
>
> >> As for places that don't accept cancellations - you are out of luck.
>
> >> As for places that don't accept cancellations - you are out of luck.
>
> > And MSNews is one of them.
>
> Really? I could have sworn it workedin these groups.

> I will cancel this just to see. If it turns up in 'techarena' or
> whatever but not the MS servers it means they do support cancellations.- Hide quoted text -

Well, Google archived it.

(funny how "workedin" became a word when Google quoted it - it was
highlighted because of the quote being most of the search criteria)

I don't like these web-to-usenet things.

Vgolfmaster

Mar 13, 2009, 11:56:12 AM3/13/09
Thanks for the tip, tried the cancel message option, and will wait and see
what happens...