delegate access to folders

Eric J. Reynolds

Mar 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/3/98

Here is the problem.

I have set up delegate access to my secretary and given her access to
the folders:
Calendar, tasks, inbox, contacts, notes and journal. What I would like
is for her also to have access to my Sent Items folder.

How can I do this.

Thank you

Eric

Ben M. Schorr [MVP - Outlook]

Mar 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/3/98

Have you tried right-clicking on the Sent Items folder, choosing Properties,
Permissions and giving her the appropriate permissions?

Aloha,

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, CNA [MVP - Outlook]

Eric J. Reynolds

Mar 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/3/98

I have given her the proper permissions, but I am unsure as to how she
is to view my Sent Items folder from her end. That is where I am stuck.

Eric

Ben M. Schorr [MVP - Outlook]

Mar 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/3/98

Oh. What you'll need to do is give her permissions to your mailbox (at the
mailbox level). Then on her machine go to the Exchange Server service
(Tools, Services, Properties) and on the Advanced Tab you'll see "Open these
additional mailboxes". Have her put yours there. Then you should be able
to go to the Folder List (view, Folder List) and see your Mailbox listed
along with hers. Open yours and you should see Sent Items there.

From there she can also create a shortcut on her Outlook bar if she wants
to.

She may have to exit and relogin to open your mailbox.

Aloha,

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, CNA [MVP - Outlook]
Director of Information Services
Damon Key Leong Kupchak Hastert
For more information, please visit our website at
http://www.hawaiilawyer.com

Sue Mosher [MVP]

Mar 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/4/98

Try dragging the folder from your copy of Outlook to the desktop, then
e-mailing her the resulting shortcut. See
http://www.slipstick.com/exchange/ollinks.htm for more on this technique.

Or, follow Ben's suggestion for opening the mailbox.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of "The Microsoft Exchange User's Guide" and

Eric J. Reynolds

Mar 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/4/98

Thanks everybody,

Ben's method worked like a charm. Sue I was unable to use your
method. I can't drag any of my folders to the desktop. I have
permission to them but it won't let me do it.

Eric

Mark Ferguson

Mar 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/5/98

The only way your secretary will be able to view this folder is if you set
up an additional mailbox on her PC.

You will need to give her access permissions to you Mailbox folder, top
level within the folder list (make the permissions "Visible", otherwise be
warned because other folders you create will inherit these permissions).

Then on their machine, select TOOLS\SERVICES\Properties\Advanced Tab and
add an additinal mailbox, ie your mailbox exchange profile.
--
MARK FERGUSON
FreshFields London, Ext 3198 or Ext 4534