Where is send/receive data stored?

Brodieman

Oct 23, 2008, 12:13:22 PM10/23/08
I an wondering if someone knows where the info is stored for Tools-
>Options->Mail Setup->Send/Receive. I have done a reg compare and it
does not modify the registry.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Oct 23, 2008, 12:53:44 PM10/23/08
What data are you looking for? The account information visible in that
dialog is stored in the registry. The message id's for downloaded messages
is stored as a hidden file in your pst or mailbox.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-sub...@lists.outlooktips.net

EMO-NEWSLETTER-S...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Brodieman" <sulliv...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Brodieman

Oct 23, 2008, 1:28:47 PM10/23/08
On Oct 23, 11:53 am, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlook...@msn.com>
wrote:

> What data are you looking for? The account information visible in that
> dialog is stored in the registry. The message id's for downloaded messages
> is stored as a hidden file in your pst or mailbox.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net

> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> You can access this newsgroup by visitinghttp://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspxor point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>
> "Brodieman" <sullivan.e...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I an wondering if someone knows where the info is stored for Tools-
> >>Options->Mail Setup->Send/Receive.  I have done a reg compare and it
> > does not modify the registry.

I am writing a vb program/script to set this information to help
automate some work. I have found several settings in the registry but
this one eludes me.

Frank Vellner

Oct 24, 2008, 3:06:56 AM10/24/08
Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
> What data are you looking for? The account information visible in
> that
> dialog is stored in the registry. The message id's for downloaded
> messages is stored as a hidden file in your pst or mailbox.

Do you know if there is any way copy this file from on computer to
another? Do you know the name?

Thanks
Frank

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

Oct 24, 2008, 7:32:04 AM10/24/08
"Frank Vellner" <weglassen...@yahoo.de> wrote in message

> Do you know if there is any way copy this file from on computer to
> another? Do you know the name?

You can copy the PST from one PC to another, but that won't mean the new
Outlook will know which messages were downloaded. Find the name of your PST
in Outlook's File>Data File Management on the source PC.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Oct 24, 2008, 11:26:57 AM10/24/08
No, the hidden message can't be copied. Even if you move the pst, it won't
be used on the new machine - a new one will be created.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

EMO-NEWSLETTER-S...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Frank Vellner" <weglassen...@yahoo.de> wrote in message

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Oct 24, 2008, 11:27:44 AM10/24/08
> I am writing a vb program/script to set this information to help
> automate some work. I have found several settings in the registry but
> this one eludes me.

Exactly which options are you looking for?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-sub...@lists.outlooktips.net

EMO-NEWSLETTER-S...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Brodieman" <sulliv...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Brodieman

Oct 24, 2008, 2:36:41 PM10/24/08
On Oct 24, 10:27 am, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlook...@msn.com>
wrote:

> > I am writing a vb program/script to set this information to help
> > automate some work.  I have found several settings in the registry but
> > this one eludes me.
>
> Exactly which options are you looking for?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

"Tools->Options->Mail Setup->Send/Receive" to setup an automatic send
and receive and a time on it.