MVP Help - PLEASE! (Send button not working, nor is ctrl-enter)

Mark Brewster

Jun 23, 2003, 1:21:54 PM6/23/03
I posted this before but am now losing it!
I can't send any email. No, really. I try pressing the
send button and it depresses but does not send the email
(does not even move to the outbox). Same with ctrl-enter -
does nothing. Have tried with different profiles and in
outlook safe mode but still the same error. Have tried
detect and repair and updating from office update - no
updates needed and hasn't fixed. Has happened ever since
outlook starts without the file menubar across the top as
well. Returns after a minimise - restore or minimise -
maximise. Am running XP Pro SP1 and Outlook 2002 SP2.
Any ideas? Anyone?
Also if I start up outlook and leave it in it's
menubarless state the screen flickers. Mail also refuses
to leave my outbox if transferred manually. Tried using
the outlook.exe /resetoutlookbar switch but does not
solve either problem. I have found several other
instances of this problem searching the groups but none
of the solutions offered (deleting outcmd.dat etc) seems
to work (http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?
q=send+button+dead&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
8&selm=3ECDD7FE.1050504%40newyork.com&rnum=2)
Anyone? Please!

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Jun 23, 2003, 1:48:36 PM6/23/03
Have you run scanpst.exe (search your HD) against your PST file to check for
errors? Run it til there are none. How big is the PST file?

Mark Brewster

Jun 23, 2003, 2:10:02 PM6/23/03
Many many thanks for your help. I ran scanpst.exe on
every .pst file I had (largest was 53mb) but no errors on
any of them. There are only 3 - I have 2 profiles but the
same behavior with the send button can be seen with
either profile.
The problem still occurs. I am about to go insane, this
kind of problem drives me up the wall (I used to work in
support)

Anyone have any ideas?

>.

Mark Brewster

Jun 23, 2003, 2:41:44 PM6/23/03
Now check this out - if the message is sent NON
maximised, it works.

Yeah, I don't believe it either!