multiple SMTP addresses

Leon Baehre

Dec 23, 2002, 6:06:09 PM12/23/02
I have client with multiple SMTP addresses, ie
jo...@domain1.com and jo...@domain2.com. He can receive at
either. What do we have to do to send from either as the
case dictates? Do we have to setup 2 seperate mailboxes?
or is there an easier solution with one mailbox.

Thank You for your assistance.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Dec 23, 2002, 8:43:43 PM12/23/02
What version and mode of Outlook is the person using? The answer to this
will dictate what someone can tell you.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the news groups to keep the discussion intact.

Having searched the archives, Leon Baehre <Le...@baehreassociates.com>
asked:

Leon Baehre

Dec 23, 2002, 8:52:40 PM12/23/02
Woops, Were running SBS4.5, ie nt4.0/exchange 5.5 with
Outlook 2002.
>.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Dec 23, 2002, 9:07:23 PM12/23/02
Just set-up the 2 accounts in one profile (Outlook 2002 does not use
profiles, so interpret that as you wish). When composing a mail, there will
be a little button on the tool-bar that says, Accounts. Use the arrow to
select the account that you want to use. It is much simpler in Outlook 2002
than in any previous version.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the news groups to keep the discussion intact.

Having searched the archives, Leon Baehre <Le...@BaehreAssociates.com>
asked:

Leon Baehre

Dec 23, 2002, 9:38:35 PM12/23/02
I think I already tried what you are suggesting, but
Outlook would not let me setup 2 Exchange accounts. I
can have all the POP3 accounts I want, but only 1
exchange account.

Did I miss something or are there other options?

Thanks

>.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Dec 23, 2002, 10:56:34 PM12/23/02
You will need to set up a different profile for Exchange as it will only
allow one Exchange account per profile. You did not mention that Exchange
was the problem until now.

Jeff Stephenson [MS]

Dec 27, 2002, 2:45:23 PM12/27/02
What version of Outlook does your client have? Outlook 2002 (or Outlook
2000 in Internet Only Mode) will allow you to create separate accounts for
each address and then select the account with which to send.

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

"Leon Baehre" <Le...@baehreassociates.com> wrote in message