Can you change services add email account with VBA ?

jm

Oct 15, 2002, 9:10:07 AM10/15/02
Is it possible to write a script / VBA that can change the services on
Outlook? We are switching from a POP3 service to an Exchange server
and it would be nice if we didn't have to travel to every machine.
Any information or direction is appreciated.

Dmitry Streblechenko

Oct 15, 2002, 2:10:14 PM10/15/02
Copy of a reply posted to the Outlook-Dev list:

Take a look at

http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/profiles.htm

Scroll down for an example on how to add an Exchange server to a profile.
Deleting a service in a profile is essentially one line of code. Note
however that POP3/SMTP services in Outlook 2002 are not accessible through
MAPI as they are not MAPI based. Outlook 98/2000 installed in IMO mode is
also a problem as it does not have profiles at all.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool