Out of Office Assistant Automation

BlockNinja

Oct 17, 2006, 4:21:02 PM10/17/06
Is it possible to automate the "Out of Office Assistant" via VBA? I know the
times that I'm scheduled off for vacation and business trips in advance, but
I always have an impossible time with everything on my plate trying to
remember to turn the assistant on.

What I'm like to do, is make an Access database, reference the
Outlook.Application object, and have something running on a macro that goes
out every day in automation and checks if today is a day to turn on the
assistant. The logic I have already coded up in VBA, with exception to
turning on and off the assistant programmatically since I can't find the
right objects/properties to do so.

Dmitry Streblechenko

Oct 17, 2006, 5:10:08 PM10/17/06
Not in the Outlook Object Model.
1. CDO 1.21 - see OutOfOffice and OutOfOfficeText properties of the
MAPI.Session object
2. Extended MAPI - (C++/Delphi only): http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308281
3. <plug> Redemption - RDOExchangeMailboxStore.OutOfOfficeAssistant:
http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/rdo/RDOOutOfOfficeAssistant.htm </plug>

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

"BlockNinja" <Block...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

BlockNinja

Oct 17, 2006, 7:05:02 PM10/17/06
Ah thank you! I did a ref in VBA to the CDO library and it worked like a
charm.