Macro for using "Add Sender to Blocked Senders List" on multiple email messages simultaneously

TJM

Mar 14, 2005, 5:02:58 PM3/14/05
I have Outlook 2003 and use the "Add Sender to Blocked Senders List" command for
all new spam emails.

Since I get about 40-50 spams per day, it's quite tedious to hit the "Add Sender
to Blocked Senders List" command on each & every spam email. I want to be able
to highlight all my spam messages in the Inbox window and click a macro that
will automatically add those spams to my Blocked Senders List. Right now, if I
highlight on more than one message, the "Add Sender to Blocked Senders List"
command is de-highlighted and wont function.....it can only operate on one email
at a time.

This seems like an easy macro to create, but I am not familiar with Visual Basic
and dont know the first thing about creating a macro in Outlook 2003. Can
someone tell me how to create this macro, or post the code that would accomplish
what I am trying to do?

Michael Bauer

Mar 15, 2005, 2:04:39 AM3/15/05

please read "manipulating outlook 2003(not express) blocked
senders list with vba - macro" from 2004/03/17 in this NG. There seems
to be no way.

Because I don´t know a way for selecting items in a folder, here´s a
workaround:

1) Add a folder temporarily.
2) Select all your mails for the junk filter.
3) Walk through the selection and copy each item, one by one, to the
temporary folder.
4) Use the commandbar technics
(http://www.outlookcode.com/d/tips/commandbarfun.htm) for adding the
sender address.
5) Delete the hanled item from the temporary folder.
7) Delete the temporary folder (or keep it for the next time).

In this way you could handle multiple items and the temporary folder
always contains only one item that then is the selected one.

--
Viele Grüße
Michael Bauer

"TJM" <t...@nospam.com> wrote in message

TJM

Mar 15, 2005, 10:13:14 AM3/15/05
That workaround is more tedious than my current method of clicking on each spam
message and hitting the "Add Sender to Blocked Senders List" button I put on my
Outlook toolbar.

I like your idea of highlighting all my spam messages in my Inbox and moving
them to a temporary folder. Then there should be a way to create a macro that
could sequentially add each message in that temp folder to my Blocked Senders
List. Why is there no "Record New Macro" function in Outlook 2003 like there is
in all the other Office apps?

"Michael Bauer" <mi...@t-online.de> wrote in message

Michael Bauer

Mar 15, 2005, 11:16:58 AM3/15/05

I suppose you didn´t understand me. What I wrote is a description of
what a macro could do, because there is no way for adding multiple
items´ sender addresses to the junk list directly.

Once, you´ve written the macro, you´d only need to select your items and
hit the button. The rest should be done by the macro. That is, it has to
be written first...

For all methods you can find easily code samples in the VBA help, here
are some keywords and code snippets:

1) Folders.Add

3-6)
Dim obj as Object
Dim YourFolderWithSelectedItems as Outlook.MapiFolder
Dim YourTemporaryFolder as Outlook.MapiFolder

' Your code: Set the references to the folders here

' Make the temporary folder the current one:
Set Application.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder = YourTemporaryFolder

For Each obj in YourFolderWithSelectedItems.Items
obj.Copy YourTemporaryFolder
' Your code: Use the CommandBar technics now
obj.Delete