Internet Format of the messages

Nicolas Macarez

Sep 7, 2006, 4:48:00 PM9/7/06
Hi!

Something went wrong (I don't know how) on my Microsoft Outlook 2003 (fully
patched with SP2 and fixes).

In my personal Address Books (3600 addresses), some contacts are wrong with
the Internet Format which is "Send using Outlook Rich Text Format" and
should be "Let Outlook decide the best sending format".

Fortunately, not all the contacts are wrong this way.

Of course I can search and change any contact manually but since there are
more than three thousand of them, I am looking for a script or some advice
to modifiy all the contact in one shot, in a programmatic way.

Any idea or place to search is welcomed.

Nicolas

Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]

Sep 8, 2006, 12:52:13 AM9/8/06
Am Thu, 7 Sep 2006 22:48:00 +0200 schrieb Nicolas Macarez:

Nicolas, you need to loop through all contacts and edit each of the three
EMail*EntryIDs.

The 23rd byte of the EntryID indicates the format:

- 01: Let OL decide...
- 07: Plain text
- 00: RTF

--
Viele Gruesse / Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Nicolas Macarez

Sep 8, 2006, 3:11:13 AM9/8/06
Thanks Michael
Nice piece of advice.
In fact I'm not a VBA developer (OK, I know a bit of programming, but not to
the point of writing a program from scratch).
I am more an infrastructure guy (Windows Server, Exchange Server).
If by chance, you have any code for that loop, I would be great. I'll be
able to modify it to suit my needs.
Regards
Nicolas

"Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]" <m...@mvps.org> wrote in message

Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]

Sep 11, 2006, 2:57:39 AM9/11/06
Am Fri, 8 Sep 2006 09:11:13 +0200 schrieb Nicolas Macarez:

Nicolas, the loop in this case is the smallest part :-)

I扉e created a sample on my sites:
http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?mnu=2&smp=32&cmd=showitem

Here愀 a short explanation in English: You cannot edit the settings via the
Outlook object model, instead the sample uses Redemption from
www.dimastr.com.

The sample loops through the standard contact folder and edits only the
first address of each contact, but the IDs for Email2EntryID and
Email3EntryID are there already, so you could easily extend the code
yourself.