Howto: ask Inspector to refresh its item cache

tonyl

Feb 5, 2007, 5:14:45 AM2/5/07

I have written an application which update the content of contact and
appointment in outlook using Extended MAPI.

However, I found that once the user views the appointment A through the outlook's
inspector, the outlook will cache the content.
1. open the appointment A by outlook inspector.
2. my application update the appointment A through MAPI
3. open the appointment A by outlook inspector again. --> the content of
appointment A doesn't change.
4. open the appointment A by outlookspy, --> i can see that the properties
have been updated.

How to ask the outlook refresh the data cache after my application update
the data through MAPI?

Regards,
Tony

Dmitry Streblechenko

Feb 5, 2007, 12:10:43 PM2/5/07
Can't do that - everybody suffers from the same problem...

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

"tonyl" <to...@outblaze.com> wrote in message

tonyl

Feb 5, 2007, 8:22:56 PM2/5/07

Thanks alot.
How nice the outlook is.

Regards,
Tony

Feb 6, 2007, 3:58:35 AM2/6/07
Outlook doesn't refresh the cache till there are references to these
object, try to release the object by Marshal.ReleaseComObject.

On Feb 6, 3:22 am, tonyl <t...@outblaze.com> wrote:
> Thanks alot.
> How nice the outlook is.
>
> Regards,
> Tony
>

> > Can't do that - everybody suffers from the same problem...
>
> > Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
> >http://www.dimastr.com/
> > OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
> > and MAPI Developer Tool

> > "tonyl" <t...@outblaze.com> wrote in message

> >> Hi,
> >> I have written an application which update the content of contact and
> >> appointment in outlook using Extended MAPI.
> >> However, I found that once the user views the appointment A through
> >> the
> >> outlook's inspector, the outlook will cache the content.
> >> 1. open the appointment A by outlook inspector.
> >> 2. my application update the appointment A through MAPI
> >> 3. open the appointment A by outlook inspector again. --> the content
> >> of
> >> appointment A doesn't change.
> >> 4. open the appointment A by outlookspy, --> i can see that the
> >> properties
> >> have been updated.
> >> How to ask the outlook refresh the data cache after my application
> >> update the data through MAPI?
>
> >> Regards,

> >> Tony- Hide quoted text -

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

Feb 6, 2007, 9:38:15 AM2/6/07
That wouldn't work for changes made by Extended MAPI, Outlook isn't aware of
those changes.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]