Pictures from safe senders are not displayed in Outlook (others ar

sanddweller

Jan 17, 2007, 8:27:01 PM1/17/07
Somehow, my outlook (which has been installed for ages) now will not display
images from some senders. These senders ARE in my safe senders list, and
contacts. (In fact they are all colleagues, in the same mail domain as my
email address i.e. @samedomain.com). The red-X is displayed instead.
If I reply or forward their message, then the pictures appear ok in the new
message.
I have turned off the options for blocking picture display, in an effort to
isolate the problem. Pictures from other senders display correctly!!.
My colleagues are also using Outlook 2003.
Very frustrating - I seem to have the opposite of what is ideal where my
colleagues are blocked.
I would prefer all my colleagues inline pictures/images are displayed
without restriction, and other 'external' senders pictures are only displayed
if i choose to on a per-email basis.
Anyone have any clues ideas on this? (please dont quote me the
Tools/Options/Security/ChangeAutomaticDownloadSettings - been there, done
that.
I've explicitly added (and removed) senders and domains form safe senders.
They are not in blocked senders.
I NEED YOUR HELP. This is drving me crazy.

winel...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2007, 9:45:51 AM1/19/07
Don't know if this will help but we had the problem where certain users
wouldn't see inline pictures. What fixed it was deleting the Outlook
cache directory contents (or you can delete the whole folder - Outlook
will create it again). Usually at Documents and
Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLKXX. The
folder will start with OLK and have some other numbers/characters. You
can also find it by opening an attachment, say a Word document, and do
a File, Save As. That will show you the temp directory. And I will
add this took me quite a while to figure out ;-) I put a shortcut to
this directory on those users' desktops so they could empty out the
folder as it seemed to happen again and again.

Hope this helps,

Winelover19

sanddweller

Jan 19, 2007, 3:14:15 PM1/19/07
WineLover19 You are a STAR!! Thank you this solved the problem.
I had over 2500 files there, totalling over 257MB.
Possibly there is some limit. I recall IE had soem problem when Temporary
internet files totaled over 200MB. (I fil to recall exactly what the probelm
was now).
Thank you again!. Your suggestion worked.

RNBESQ

Jun 6, 2008, 9:13:00 PM6/6/08
Sorry I posted a similar Q before searching thoroughly. For some reason I
don't have "Documents and Settings" in my C: directory. I've got Vista
Business; I remember seeing it on my old XP system. I did find a Temp file
and deleted most (it wouldn't let me delete a few. Hope this works. If you
have any updated info regarding Vista directories, I'd be much obliged. The
NANNY function is most irritating!
--
Cordially,

RNBESQ

Diane Poremsky {MVP}

Jun 6, 2008, 11:32:25 PM6/6/08
See http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2007/20070604.htm for the location
of Outlook 2007's securetemp folder.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-sub...@lists.outlooktips.net

EMO-NEWSLETTER-S...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

"RNBESQ" <RNB...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

zberryman

Jun 4, 2009, 3:05:01 PM6/4/09

A Loyal Micosoft Customer

zberryman

Jun 4, 2009, 3:04:05 PM6/4/09
I'm a little scared to do this. If I do delete temportay files will it also
delete cookies and passwords? I deleted temporary files once and my secure
passwords to banks, etc were deleted and I had to re-submit them. I don't
want to have to go through all of that again. Can you please help?

Thank you.

--
A Loyal Micosoft Customer

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

Jun 4, 2009, 3:35:05 PM6/4/09
"zberryman" <zber...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I'm a little scared to do this. If I do delete temportay files will it also
> delete cookies and passwords? I deleted temporary files once and my secure
> passwords to banks, etc were deleted and I had to re-submit them. I don't
> want to have to go through all of that again. Can you please help?

If you delete the entire contents of Temporary Internet Folders, yes you will
delete all cookies. However, if you open only the OLKxxx folder (which you do
only by directly entering the full name of that folder in the Address bar of
Windows Explorer), then no. You'll delete only Outlook temporary content.
Why not download one of the free tools that will do the job for you? See
this:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/securetemp.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]