Re: Error with Contact management

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Mar 11, 2006, 6:01:32 PM3/11/06
Create a new mail profile using control panel->mail icon and opt to not open
Business Contact Manager.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, PGirt asked:

| I have just activated OUTLOOK 2003. I set up my email accounts -
| they work. I attempted to open OUTLOOK the first time and was asked a
| question: "do I want to activate Contact Management in conjunction
| with MS OUTLOOK"? I clicked "yes" - and now cannot open OUTLOOK at
| all. I continually get this message: Business Contact Manager has
| encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
| inconvenience. Following this error, I send a report and it becomes a
| continual loop where I must close down windows to end the attempt to
| open OUTLOOK. What can I do????

PGirt

Mar 11, 2006, 8:18:26 PM3/11/06
Thanks for the reply; however, as stated, when I open OUTLOOK, I get the
error message, I remove the checkmark "reload Contact Management", and that
closes OUTLOOK. If I choose to reload Contact Management, the error returns
and I send a report to MS, then, I get the window to reload Contact
Management again. It is a circular problem. I sure hope you have another
suggestion! Thank you.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Mar 11, 2006, 8:39:05 PM3/11/06
Have you TRIED a new mail profile?

PGirt

Mar 11, 2006, 9:25:26 PM3/11/06
Hello. Since I cannot get into accounts in OUTLOOK, I cannot create a new
account. Is there another way? Thank you so much for your patience.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Have you TRIED a new mail profile?
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, PGirt asked:
>
> | Thanks for the reply; however, as stated, when I open OUTLOOK, I get
> | the error message, I remove the checkmark "reload Contact
> | Management", and that closes OUTLOOK. If I choose to reload Contact
> | Management, the error returns and I send a report to MS, then, I get
> | the window to reload Contact Management again. It is a circular
> | problem. I sure hope you have another suggestion! Thank you.
> |
> | "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
> |
> || Create a new mail profile using control panel->mail icon and opt to
> || not open Business Contact Manager.

> || --Â

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Mar 11, 2006, 9:53:35 PM3/11/06
Control Panel->Mail Icon->Profiles->New.