Remove send on behalf of when sending from an exchange 2003 public folder

1 view

bramblewood

Mar 17, 2006, 10:11:35 AM3/17/06

We have an Exchange 2003 server setup with a public folder called support,
mail enabled - all support@domain mails end up there. We have given certain
users send-as permissions on this folder so they can send emails out to
clients as support@domain

Our problem is that while these emails get sent perfectly well, they are
recieved by Outlook users (almost everybody) as "user on behalf of support".
We want to hide the user and just send emails out as support@domain.

Can anyone please tell me if what I am trying to do is possible and if so
how? - thanks in advance.

Andrew

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Mar 17, 2006, 10:19:19 AM3/17/06
Sounds like they have Send On Behalf Of but not Send As permission on that folder. I'd check its permissions again.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

John Chen [MSFT]

Mar 20, 2006, 4:41:42 AM3/20/06
Hello Andrew,

Thank you for posting.

I have performed a test and SEND AS function is available on my side. I am
providing my steps below:

1. Open ESM.
2. Right click the Public Folder and click Properties.
3. Click Directory Rights on Permissions Tab.
4. Grant the user account Send As permission.

I hope the steps can be helpful to you. If you have any questions or
concerns on this issue, please feel free to tell me directly.

Sincerely,
John Chen, MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, MCSD
Microsoft Online Partner Support

from your issue.