Can't see pictures that should be imbedded in e-mail message

Katrina

Jul 22, 2007, 10:46:04 PM7/22/07
When I get an email that should have pictures between the paragraphs of the
message they show the red X and then you have to click on an attachment above
to see the pictures. Is there a way to make them show in the body of the
e-mail. Reading the e-mail and then clicking on each picture afterwards
looses a lot in context.
--
Kat

BillR [MVP]

Jul 22, 2007, 11:01:52 PM7/22/07
Either add that sender to your safe senders list (preferred) or change your
settings in Trust Center | Automatic Download.

The latter is not recommended.

--
Bill R MVP
"Katrina" <Kat...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Diane Poremsky

Jul 23, 2007, 9:05:12 AM7/23/07
Is there a message in the picture placeholder along with the red x? If so,
what does it say?

It doesn't sound like its outlook blocking images - it sounds like the image
placeholder is losing the link to the image, so outlook doesn't know here
they belong. Without knowing what mail system the sender uses, what you
use, or seeing the message source it's hard to say what causes it or how
your can attempt to fix it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-sub...@lists.outlooktips.net

EMO-NEWSLETTER-S...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

Bill Rymer

Jan 17, 2008, 10:49:19 PM1/17/08
Either add that sender to your safe senders list (preferred) or change your
settings in Trust Center | Automatic Download.

The latter is not recommended.

--
Bill R MVP said the above. ...

I say It has nothing to do with Safe Senders or downloads. At least what happens to me is that pictures imbedded directly IN (not attached to) the email often will not show and instead the dreaded RED X appears in the upper left of a box where the photo belongs.

The message including the image(s) did get downloaded BECAUSE I can forward the message to others who can see the pictures fine.

My question is this: WHAT IS THE MOST COMMON REASON WHY PICTURES IMBEDDED IN EMAILS WILL NOT SHOW AND INSTEAD ARE REPLACED WITH A BOX AND THE DREADED RED X ???

DMiller

Aug 21, 2008, 11:27:00 PM8/21/08
I don't think anyone's question was answered. The question is "My question is
this: WHAT IS THE MOST COMMON REASON WHY PICTURES IMBEDDED IN EMAILS WILL
NOT SHOW AND INSTEAD ARE REPLACED WITH A BOX AND THE DREADED RED X ???"

If you are running XP and in any email program you use whether it is
outlook, yahoo, or whatever one you choose, what causes the RED X to show
rather than a photo? Is there another program that needs to be downloaded?
Why does this happen generally?

Thank you,

D Miller