How to get *all* accounts to show up on the Send/Receive dropdown?

Evan Bruley

Dec 16, 2006, 11:42:56 AM12/16/06
How can I get *all* of my configured email accounts to be displayed on the
Send/Receive dropdown menu?
I currently have 68 email accounts configured, but only 49 entries are
visible on the Send/Receive dropdown menu (and yes, I did fully scroll the
menu).
So if I want to check only 1 account for new mail, it can not be any one of
the missing 19 accounts.

But if I click "Send/Receive", the pop-up "Outlook Send/Receive Progress"
window shows 136 tasks - so using that method, all accounts do get checked.

Another observation:
If I go in to "Tools", "E-mail Accounts", "View or change existing e-mail
accounts", and change the position of the account in the list, via "Move Up"
or "Move Down" buttons still only 49 entries show up on the Send/Receive
dropdown menu, and it is always the "top" 49.

Is there some configuration parameter I am missing some place that will fix
this odd behavior?

In case it matters, I am running Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 11.8010.8107
SP2.

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.
Evan

Roady [MVP]

Dec 16, 2006, 12:16:25 PM12/16/06
"Is there some configuration parameter I am missing some place that will fix
this odd behavior?"
I'm not trying to be rude or anything but isn't the fact that you are having
68 email accounts configured the odd behavior here? :-S

What type of accounts are these? Aren't they in some way to be combined like
for instance by using aliases since you are downloading them all to Outlook
anyway? You can still sort on the recipient address if that is what you
want.

Another approach would be to see if you can create Send/Receive groups out
of them each containing x number of accounts.

49 isn't exactly a magic computer number indicating some limitation so it
could also mean a corrupt mail profile which prevents you from seeing the
rest. You could start by resetting your send/receive settings by renaming
the srs-file of your profile .old. Another approach would be to completely
recreate your mail profile but with 68 accounts that is going to take a way.
Anyway; to recreate your mail profile see;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----
"Evan Bruley" <not_real...@uce.gov> wrote in message

Evan Bruley

Dec 16, 2006, 12:52:02 PM12/16/06
Hello Robert,

Thanks very much for your response. I appreciate your time.
And thanks for the link to 'howto-outlook.com'... lots of very helpful
information there.

>> ..isn't the fact that you are having 68 email accounts configured the odd
behavior..
I understand that view. But at the same time, a program such as Outlook
should certainly not be limited to displaying less than the actual number of
configured accounts.

Regardless, I will try your suggestions and let you know results.
Thanks again, and regards,
Evan

message news:eFjP4XTI...@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

Evan Bruley

Dec 18, 2006, 10:59:07 AM12/18/06
Hello Robert,
This is follow-up, in case the info may be helpful to anybody.

>> ..only 49 entries are visible on the Send/Receive dropdown menu..
I started fresh on new computer, and configured Outlook with > 50 accounts.
Same symptom as previously reported is observed. I then configured Outlook
Express with > 50 accounts, and observe that the limitation is not present.
So it appears that this is some minor deficiency in the Outlook software. I
poked around the registry to see if there is some configuration parameter
that might cause this limitation, but if it is there, I missed it.

Thanks again for your input. I appreciate your time.