Internal links don't work (Outlook 2007 email, internal "named anchor" links)

bl...@blaqzone.com

Apr 10, 2008, 12:54:27 PM4/10/08
Hello all,

I'm testing an HTML email which contains internal table-of-contents
links, e.g. <a href="#news"> meant to lead to a specific spot in the
document.

PROBLEM: when opened in Outlook 2007, clicking these links does
nothing -- no navigation to the link target, no security dialog or
message.

Notes:
- Hovering on the link, I get the tooltip showing the link name and
"Click to follow link", but no functionality.
- The email comes from a domain outside the recipient's.
- I have tried disabling Outlook 2K7's "Disable links and other
functionality in phishing messages" Junk E-Mail setting -- no change.
- A similar email, from last year, has fully-functional internal
links.
- If I view the email in my Web browser (open email in its own window
> Other Actions > View in Browser), the internal links work. So I'm
positive the HTML coding is correct, and the issue lies with Outlook
2007 or a related security setting.

I've searched for hours, and can't find any help (apart from "Disable
links and other functionality in phishing messages" which does nothing
for me). I really need to ensure that these links work for the large
number of email recipients using Outlook 2007.

Thanks for your help.